Finding a 2009 STI plausible?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Finding a 2009 STI plausible? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've heard nothing but good things about the 2009 STI and am interested in buying one either new or used ...

Finding a 2009 STI plausible?

I've heard nothing but good things about the 2009 STI and am interested in buying one either new or used with as few of miles as possible. I really would like to find one in blue if I can!

Is it plausible to find one of these anymore? I've been looking for the past 2 months or so across the east coast (I'm in Norfolk, VA) and they seem pretty rare. I know there is a black one up in PA, but if I'm spending this kind of money, I really want the color I love most! I've been searching mainly online, I wonder if going to dealerships in person will provide better results?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes!

Go to the dealership because they can do a Nation wide search and have one shipped there. You can request what color, trim, and all of the other options you want.

09 sti's are hard to find because last year, dealerships made a mistake and ordered to many 08 sti's. Hence the $8k off MSRP last year.

Dealers wised up this year and ordered WAY less. As in 1-2 sti's for the majority of the dealerships, and a bit more for high volume dealers.

If you are looking for one, a high volume dealer (Steven's Creek Subaru) down in San Jose, CA has 2 left. I was looking at them about 1-2 months ago and they were the only dealer in CA that had any sti's in stock. Back then they had 4.

The 2 they have now are a silver sti with bbs wheels and a regular red sti.

Oh and just a lil info, they are one of the most hated dealerships here in the Bay Area. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    09 sti's are hard to find because last year, dealerships made a mistake and ordered to many 08 sti's. Hence the $8k off MSRP last year.

Dealers wised up this year and ordered WAY less. As in 1-2 sti's for the majority of the dealerships, and a bit more for high volume dealers.

If you are looking for one, a high volume dealer (Steven's Creek Subaru) down in San Jose, CA has 2 left. I was looking at them about 1-2 months ago and they were the only dealer in CA that had any sti's in stock. Back then they had 4.

The 2 they have now are a silver sti with bbs wheels and a regular red sti.

Oh and just a lil info, they are one of the most hated dealerships here in the Bay Area. Good luck
    only dealer in CA? Franks Subaru in Irvine has 1 or 2 in stock (and been sitting there for a month) and Huntington has more than a couple as of three weeks ago.

I say go to the dealership and they can find a transfer for you no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by decrypted View Post
    only dealer in CA? Franks Subaru in Irvine has 1 or 2 in stock (and been sitting there for a month) and Huntington has more than a couple as of three weeks ago.

I say go to the dealership and they can find a transfer for you no problem.
    I should have changed it to "only dealer in the bay area"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.