09 Premium package??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 09 Premium package?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I'm looking at picking up a new 09 WRX soon. My question is, if I pick up a ...

09 Premium package??

Hey everyone, I'm looking at picking up a new 09 WRX soon. My question is, if I pick up a base model, is it possible to add the premium components down the line through the dealership or otherwise?

Your help is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what components are you talking about? The sunroof? Radio?

Yes, I'm talking about the stereo, the heated mirrors, etc. Not the sunroof though, lol.

Agreed. The salesman I talked to said you could add everything from the Premium model except for the sunroof.

I'm sure they can be added, but why not save the trouble and get the premium in the first place?

Even if you install a sunroof and fog lights, that's the easy part.

You're looking at replacing the seats and mirrors to get the heated ones, and most likely, the windshield, to get the heating elements in it.

There's also the stereo; I think the premium is an optional unit. And, I know that the wheel buttons are only on the premiums.

Just a thought or 2...
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

I wouldn't get the premium stereo system, much better to get an aftermarket in my opinion, it'll probably be cheaper and have more features.

Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    I wouldn't get the premium stereo system, much better to get an aftermarket in my opinion, it'll probably be cheaper and have more features.
    I have the '09 premium package.

I think it is actually a better base to start from in terms of the stereo because it comes with preinstalled spots for component speakers and the starting head unit isn't terrible (iPod/satellite/6-CD).

In terms of overall, you might save a few bucks doing all of the mods yourself (heated mirrors, seats, etc.), but if any of that stuff breaks, there is nobody to replace it for you.

Moreover, I am not sure how much you will save because the cost you are seeing in the final cost of the car (w/ premium package) is not the cost for the premium parts outright (the price you would pay to buy it later), rather you are paying for the difference between the base parts and the upgrade parts plus a premium charge.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambles View Post
    I think it is actually a better base to start from in terms of the stereo because it comes with preinstalled spots for component speakers and the starting head unit isn't terrible (iPod/satellite/6-CD).

In terms of overall, you might save a few bucks doing all of the mods yourself (heated mirrors, seats, etc.), but if any of that stuff breaks, there is nobody to replace it for you.

Moreover, I am not sure how much you will save because the cost you are seeing in the final cost of the car (w/ premium package) is not the cost for the premium parts outright (the price you would pay to buy it later), rather you are paying for the difference between the base parts and the upgrade parts plus a premium charge.
    I was thinking the same thing. That's the reason I intend on spending the extra loot on the Premium. To me it's not worth all the hassle to attempt to install that stuff myself.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I'm going to have to agree oh this one. You would spend all that time, money, and frustration and be deserving of a big but all you would get would be a because you'd have a premium that was defective (ie, -sunroof).

Get the premium and safe the frustration for things that are worth it.

-Steve

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.