cant' post nothin!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on cant' post nothin!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wats wrong with ths site??...

cant' post nothin!!

wats wrong with ths site??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by devasta View Post
    wats wrong with ths site??
    You posted that?

ive noticed a lot of things around here. it seems as though the guys who have been on this site for a while have this "god complex" only because they have been here longer than us "newbs." i have been in the import tuning game for as long as i have had a driver's license (over ten years now) and have built 4 - 450+ whp hondas (obviously turbocharged) 5 other hondas all well modified. as a new subaru owner (well old subaru) i have been getting so much negativity around this site, i understand why you are put off. then again as a member of honda-tech for nearly ten years now, i have seen so much of the forum-clicques and holier than thou attitudes that plague online car forums.

as a word of positive advice, learn to use the search method the site offers, as most any question you have has been asked before by someone else. the best thing these forums offer is the ability to read and research without the need to necessarily be an active poster.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WReX View Post
    ive noticed a lot of things around here. it seems as though the guys who have been on this site for a while have this "god complex" only because they have been here longer than us "newbs." i have been in the import tuning game for as long as i have had a driver's license (over ten years now) and have built 4 - 450+ whp hondas (obviously turbocharged) 5 other hondas all well modified. as a new subaru owner (well old subaru) i have been getting so much negativity around this site, i understand why you are put off. then again as a member of honda-tech for nearly ten years now, i have seen so much of the forum-clicques and holier than thou attitudes that plague online car forums.
    My experience here has been nothing but positive so far, and I am as "newb" as "newb" gets.

no.no...I meant the site seems to freeze up my computer whenever I try to post something. that's all.

I Support ClubWRX
    Can you tell if it's an issue with your browser or a script or something though? I visit the site routinely on three different systems using three different OSs and browsers and do not get lockups. Can you describe what happens?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I tried to post a new thread about an hour ago from work, & no luck. Replies seem to be ok.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

i've had the same problem with this site from time to time. I'll try and post a new topic and it'll freeze up on me. that or it'll just move super slow.
    "if you are going to tell someone the truth you had better make them laugh otherwise they'll kill you" - George Bernard Shaw.
    Bugeye Mafia #214
    Dirty Crew #42

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, I see. It's happened from time to time and effort was made to make everything run better. I hope it runs well for everyone.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

as a word of positive advice, learn to use the search method the site offers, as most any question you have has been asked before by someone else. the best thing these forums offer is the ability to read and research without the need to necessarily be an active poster.
    In general the site is well know for it's congeniality. The old folks I see being perceived as getting grumpy with new folks are actually trying to get necessary informative points across that are not being received with an open mind. Also, people who have to repeat themselves over and over lose inflection and sound callous even though they are just being terse. There are a lot of new members joining who just bought a (usually questionably) modified car and have no idea what was done, why it was done, or what shoudl have been done. This leads to urgency and frustration from those who do know what should have been done and why what was done shouldn't have been. If you get to know them you will find they are very helpful as there is a vast amount of wrx specific detail that is distinct from general theory applied from other cars if you want to efficiently modify your car. Stick around and you will see that people here have your best interests at heart.

Cliff notes: Cat brings home a bird, but doesn't understand why your upset that the pretty bird is wounded.
    Last edited by mycologist; 07-22-2009 at 04:22 PM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    On the other hand we have to deal with people who buy parts on impulse without spending 2 seconds doing simple research on whether or not the part is a good one or if that part is even needed at all. We also have to deal with newer posters coming from a different scene who are often close minded because they feel they 'know better' from their own previous experience with other cars and try to apply what they knew to a Subaru that won't react the same way.

I know I've been doing it for almost 7 years, so I've lost much drive to butter things up and instead get straight to the point because I still want to help new owners and do what I can to prevent wasted money and extra headache.

And yes, the site can be buggy. It seems to have gotten better recently as I haven't gotten the daily timed out error in a few months.
    Last edited by brfatal; 07-22-2009 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    On the other hand we have to deal with people who buy parts on impulse without spending 2 seconds doing simple research on whether or not the part is a good one or if that part is even needed at all. We also have to deal with newer posters coming from a different scene who are often close minded because they feel they 'know better' from their own previous experience with other cars and try to apply what they knew to a Subaru that won't react the same way.

I know I've been doing it for almost 7 years, so I've lost much drive to butter things up and instead get straight to the point because I still want to help new owners and do what I can to prevent wasted money and extra headache.

And yes, the site can be buggy. It seems to have gotten better recently as I haven't gotten the daily timed out error in a few months.
    '02 World Rally Blue Pearl WRX
    167k miles, K&N Drop-in, factory clutch
    Myspace

Every time I found a WRX that I thought about buying, I'd come here and try to post a thread about it to see what the experts here had to say. Every time I tried to do that, the site would give me some "out of memory" error, and the new thread wouldn't post.

Finally, I saw someone suggest shortening the thread title, and that worked for me. So, if you're having trouble posting a new thread, try to shorten the thread title as much as you can. I'm not sure why that would make a difference, but it seemed to for me.

I Support ClubWRX
    btw we did recently migrate to a new server and upgrade the version of VBulletin software we are using. Still some kinks to work out but they are being worked on.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well, that was pleasant.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast