new guy looking for info

This is a discussion on new guy looking for info within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whatsup guys? I'm currently shopping around for a STI and just looking for some info and advice on them. I ...

new guy looking for info

Whatsup guys? I'm currently shopping around for a STI and just looking for some info and advice on them. I won't be buying it until after I complete A school next March so I have plenty of time to shop around.
    Thanks
    Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB

alright well... an STi is a fast, highly respected car. it has a 2.5 engine rather than the wrx's 2.0. As well as a stiffer, lowered suspension. they are 6 speed (wrx is 5), the wrx however has higher compression pisons. If you want a comfortable daily driver, the STi may be a bit much, however if you are looking for a fast, reliable car it is a great choice. If you are racing at all the STi has a higher potential starting from stock. It also launches with all 4 wheels spinning giving a better grip, the wrx has the 2 rear and 1 front tire going. So there are many differences.

Some of this info may be different from year to year but for the most part you can be assured that the STi is a great choice and a fast car. To be honest i believe the evos are in fact faster when both cars are stock, but they have weaker trannys and clutches, some evo owners i kno claim this and continually replace tannys and clutches. They are both rally cars, fast and all wheel drive turbo so it depends on your taste.

There are little things such as the STi's HID lights and sporty styling. many wrxs can be easily modded to look like the sti but there are still obvious differences.

Anyway, good luck in your search.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Question

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    alright well... an STi is a fast, highly respected car. it has a 2.5 engine rather than the wrx's 2.0. As well as a stiffer, lowered suspension. they are 6 speed (wrx is 5), the wrx however has higher compression pisons. If you want a comfortable daily driver, the STi may be a bit much, however if you are looking for a fast, reliable car it is a great choice. If you are racing at all the STi has a higher potential starting from stock. It also launches with all 4 wheels spinning giving a better grip, the wrx has the 2 rear and 1 front tire going. So there are many differences.

Some of this info may be different from year to year but for the most part you can be assured that the STi is a great choice and a fast car. To be honest i believe the evos are in fact faster when both cars are stock, but they have weaker trannys and clutches, some evo owners i kno claim this and continually replace tannys and clutches. They are both rally cars, fast and all wheel drive turbo so it depends on your taste.

There are little things such as the STi's HID lights and sporty styling. many wrxs can be easily modded to look like the sti but there are still obvious differences.

Anyway, good luck in your search.
    Remember also, WRX's make great sleepers. Cops look for big wings first. I am running a bit over 300hp without changing factory boost. Granted, I have modded quite a bit but still nowhere close to the price of an STI. Something to think about

Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Remember also, WRX's make great sleepers. Cops look for big wings first. I am running a bit over 300hp without changing factory boost. Granted, I have modded quite a bit but still nowhere close to the price of an STI. Something to think about
    yes, if your going to mod it out then a wrx is not a bad choice at all. its much cheaper and you'll be replacing most parts so u'll end up with almost the same car in the end.. that is of course if you do a lot of modding.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->