Catback for 09 Wagon?

This is a discussion on Catback for 09 Wagon? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi people I'm really new to the WRX. I'm looking for a cat back exhuast for my 09 wagon. Preferably ...

Catback for 09 Wagon?

Hi people I'm really new to the WRX. I'm looking for a cat back exhuast for my 09 wagon. Preferably one that is mellow to moderate in loudness. I want to hear that boxter rumble but I don't want it to be booming loud when I'm driving on the freeway. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've always been partial to Borla exhausts - the two GRs I've heard with Borla exhausts sounded pretty good to me. They aren't gaudy, not obnoxious, and would probably fit your bill.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I just picked up an 09 hatch myself and after much research and cost comparison I think I am going to go with a Magnaflow cbe. I found one, shipped, new, for $410. Initially I was thinking Perrin or SPT, but the Perrin is about $750 and the SPT, even with the dealer discount for me was $600. Also, from what I have heard, the SPT is a bit too quiet for a lot of people. I like the deep rumble of the Magnaflow - and the cost can't be beat.

$410! Thats half what the Cobb would cost!
    09 Premium Wagon
    Cobb CBE, Factory Sub & Sirius

I've got a Cobb on my 09 hatch and I love it. You won't hear it on the highway though. I wouldn't call it mellow to moderate, just mellow. Make no mistake, it won't be confused for a stock exhaust and you WILL hear the engine when you get on it, but it's probably one of the quietest catbacks out there for the 09.

The only downside is that it's really expensive. I still can't believe I spent that much money on nothing but sound but I'm happy with it. If I had to do it again I may have gone for something a little louder, and cheaper. But there's no denying that Cobb makes a quality product for the money. Fit and finish was perfect.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120