new with questions

This is a discussion on new with questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi ! Im Karrie, anyone in baltimore?? Good times, so i just got my 09 wrx wagon back in may. ...

new with questions

Hi !
    Im Karrie, anyone in baltimore?? Good times, so i just got my 09 wrx wagon back in may. already 1 engine swap (mine was made in august-booo!). The car is working amazing now. im really nervous though.
    I went from having a 00 integra to this. I hated giving up the integ bc it was such a great car. Someone hit me back in dec so i had to get a new car.
    I didnt realize how important the suspension is to me when looking for a new car... And really, by far i think it is my most fav thing about the car. Yeah im hooked, im Subaru for life, there is def no doubt.

I have questions though.. i need to learn how to drive this car! its obviously much different from a honda
    When is it bad to use the off road button??
    do they really record everything you do in the computer such as speed? if so you can get that cleared however, do they know that you cleared it?
    Ive been told that it doesnt matter of which gas grade your using (although i dont listen to that, im using 93)
    been told that since its just a small turbo i dont need to let it sit for a min (even though i do)

when i first brought my car in for the engine, the manager was trying to disclose everything to me, and he pointed to some mud under my car (it had been raining for 2 weeks straight and i live on a dirt road). he tried to say that the factory might say that the engine is not under warr due to eveidence of off roading.
    it really really irritated me, and eventually they found that it was a defect and with in 2 weeks and no $$ out of my pocket i was finally back into my sweet scoob.

i also have the opportunity to reflash it for a very low price. why would i want to vs not wanting to...? obviously you want to go to someone you know is trustworthy.. but warr wise why would i not want to?

the main thing is i really just need to learn to drive this car. any moron with a DL can get in a car and drive,but that doesnt mean you know how to drive it... and i am very temperamental about driving. i know when the slightest thing is going wrong.. (atleast in the integ)
    its only been a couple months and im sure ill grow into the car..
    there is just this really really fun dirt trail up by my house that i love and i know im not driving my best
    make sense?

what can i say im just in love right now
    so whats the best way to take care of this car??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kb28 View Post
    Hi !
    Im Karrie, anyone in baltimore?? Good times, so i just got my 09 wrx wagon back in may. already 1 engine swap (mine was made in august-booo!). The car is working amazing now. im really nervous though.
    I went from having a 00 integra to this. I hated giving up the integ bc it was such a great car. Someone hit me back in dec so i had to get a new car.
    I didnt realize how important the suspension is to me when looking for a new car... And really, by far i think it is my most fav thing about the car. Yeah im hooked, im Subaru for life, there is def no doubt.

I have questions though.. i need to learn how to drive this car! its obviously much different from a honda
    When is it bad to use the off road button??
    do they really record everything you do in the computer such as speed? if so you can get that cleared however, do they know that you cleared it?
    Ive been told that it doesnt matter of which gas grade your using (although i dont listen to that, im using 93)
    been told that since its just a small turbo i dont need to let it sit for a min (even though i do)

when i first brought my car in for the engine, the manager was trying to disclose everything to me, and he pointed to some mud under my car (it had been raining for 2 weeks straight and i live on a dirt road). he tried to say that the factory might say that the engine is not under warr due to eveidence of off roading.
    it really really irritated me, and eventually they found that it was a defect and with in 2 weeks and no $$ out of my pocket i was finally back into my sweet scoob.

i also have the opportunity to reflash it for a very low price. why would i want to vs not wanting to...? obviously you want to go to someone you know is trustworthy.. but warr wise why would i not want to?

the main thing is i really just need to learn to drive this car. any moron with a DL can get in a car and drive,but that doesnt mean you know how to drive it... and i am very temperamental about driving. i know when the slightest thing is going wrong.. (atleast in the integ)
    its only been a couple months and im sure ill grow into the car..
    there is just this really really fun dirt trail up by my house that i love and i know im not driving my best
    make sense?

what can i say im just in love right now
    so whats the best way to take care of this car??
    Heh.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    cliff notes?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I'm in Bethesda, so I don't know many people in Baltimore, but I know there are a bunch of people up in Columbia.

You might try the regional forums on 3gwrx.com or the MAIC over at NASIOC. Hope that helps.

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by kb28 View Post
    Hmmm... your dealership sounds a little outta wack if you ask me. I've never had any problems with mine. They're always super helpful and have never asked me what I do with it on or off-road. Sounds like your dealership needs a new manager!!