Weighing my options?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Weighing my options? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I currently own a 2000 rs coupe and recently acquired a wrx engine with most likely a blown shortblock for ...

Weighing my options?

I currently own a 2000 rs coupe and recently acquired a wrx engine with most likely a blown shortblock for incredibly cheap that Im gonna eventually swap in. I wont know the damage until I rip into it. Anyways, the engine is a 2005 block with 2003 heads. If the block is destroyed beyond repair I just wanted to know my options.

Im kind of asking what block you guys think I should go with weighing everything out. I'm doing this on a relatively small budget and I'm not looking to make ridiculous power numbers.

I realize I can replace the block with another EJ20 and run a WRX ecu etc...

But my question is what EM/ECU are you guys with hybrid setups (EJ257 block with wrx heads) running. Is it just the stock STI ecu or are you running tuned wrx ecu's? Keep in mind that Ill need to stay OBDII. Kind of a newb question I realize but Ive been an N/A 2.5 guy for a good bit of time haha.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

first off, welcome. second, your question will probably be looked at and answered more to your liking by posting in the engine mod thread area.

personally i dont have a hybrid set up like what you are talking about. many members use the Cobb accessport for their em tuning or open source maps. i do not know many of the specs for em but many ppl on here will. try the engine mod thread area.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.