Hello from a former VW owner

This is a discussion on Hello from a former VW owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well 1.5 Weeks ago I was in an accident and ended up totaling my 2007 VW GTI that I had, ...

Hello from a former VW owner

Well 1.5 Weeks ago I was in an accident and ended up totaling my 2007 VW GTI that I had, but no worries no one was hurt and I walked away with a few bruses and a mild concussion. The seatbelt didnt lock up and I broke my windshield with my head. Oh well. I'm fine so I'm happy with that.

I promptly started looking at new cars and test drove the new WRX, I fell in love with it when I drove it so I took my insurence pay out from the GTI and bought a new WRX. Its a 5-door, dark gray, with an auto dim mirror.

It will be here tomorrow at 11am.

Just stopping buy to say hi!
    This forum has been very valuable when I was doing some research.

The mods that will happen within 2 months or so are:
    Window tint
    New headunit/amps/speakers/subwoofer
    Rally innovations lightbar
    4 off road lights [Recommendations would be nice]
    Fog lights
    Rally armor mud flaps

And thats it!

Thanks!
    Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to hear about accident, it's good what ends good, and at the same time congratulations with new subby.

Quote Originally Posted by volodyalysak View Post
    sorry to hear about accident, it's good what ends good, and at the same time congratulations with new subby.
    +2...

I bought a 2009 5 door WRX in Jan. I had a 2003 VW GTI VR6 I just sold last week. While I do like my WRX, I liked my VW better. Just built a lot better. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would have just kept the VW and not bought the 09. The WRX just feels cheap. A lot of rattles and noise. A/C blows cold then slightly cold. VW was frigid nonstop even with 105K miles. Miss the car already. Oh well, the WRX is fun but so is my 03 Cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkattack View Post
    I bought a 2009 5 door WRX in Jan. I had a 2003 VW GTI VR6 I just sold last week. While I do like my WRX, I liked my VW better. Just built a lot better. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would have just kept the VW and not bought the 09. The WRX just feels cheap. A lot of rattles and noise. A/C blows cold then slightly cold. VW was frigid nonstop even with 105K miles. Miss the car already. Oh well, the WRX is fun but so is my 03 Cobra.
    See The build quality to me seems to be approximatly of the same quality, maybe slightly cheaper plastics but other than that everything seems as good to me as the VW, heck it even rides smoother! Plus I would make the sacrifice for the extra 65hp and AWD [I live in ohio and it snows alot... lol]

Quote Originally Posted by sharkattack View Post
    I just sold my 02 1.8T GTI before I bought my 09 hatch. Im happy to say I have no regrets. I live in Colorado, so having the AWD is priceless. That, along with the jump in horsepower/speed, the addition of 2 more doors and Subaru reliability have me second guessing nothing. Ill give it that the VW was a better build, but that is about it. I couldn't be happier with my 09.