first time sideways - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on first time sideways within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Shadow Has this forum gotten a little too puritanical? I agree with everything listed in the threads ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Has this forum gotten a little too puritanical?

I agree with everything listed in the threads you have offered, but even they don't say "don't ever do donuts". So much in life is moderation.

If the guy wants to go out and do some donuts, I say let him. I've never done donuts at full lock, because that sounds like a recipe for disaster, that's why I suggested snow.

Are we not to have fun with our cars?

-Shadow
    In my opinion, if its your car, you can damn well do whatever the hell you want with it

So I agree with you, but at the same time, I'd never do something that puts my car in a situation to fail mechanically .

But I'm all for taking the car on the track! I know I will once I get a helmet and a chance to get out there
    Stink-Eye Mob #4

DGM: Dank Guy Machine

Mine's named Sasha, whats yours :'D

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you are doing a donut and you have the wheel on the stops, you are doing it wrong. There is a lot of wheel movement that goes on to perform properly.
    And if you are worried about breaking your steering, then you should not be trying this stuff. Anything other than DD stuff with your car (and even that sometimes) is going to lead to something getting screwewd up. That's the way it goes. No matter what type of abuse you do to the car from drag racing to taking it off-road, something is going to break.

The way I do donuts when I take my wagon off the beaten path....
    I mainly only do this in mud, not so much dry dirt. I get a fair amount of spead heading to were I am going to tornado. In my wagon it does it better to the right than left. I get to the "playing field" and hook the wheel and tap the brakes to neutral the suspension. Then very quickly I rev up and slip the clutch fast (like I am launching) and turn the wheel some more. Works everytime. Never broke anything yet, but I am prepared.
    I have to use a fair amount of wheel work to keep the car in control, ie; not hitting anything.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.