New to my Bugeye...

This is a discussion on New to my Bugeye... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have an 02 wrx, have ideas on what mods to start with, but ive heard to start off with ...

Question New to my Bugeye...

i have an 02 wrx, have ideas on what mods to start with, but ive heard to start off with an accessport first then start adding on other parts....NEED ADVICE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    catback exhaust
    downpipe
    catless uppipe
    opensource tune or accessport

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

basic maintnance, then an uppipe then a turboback. after that a custom tune or the cobb ap. if your not going to do suspension first of course

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    catless uppipe
    accessport
    catback exhaust
    downpipe
    Changed the order...

Up Pipe is a maintenance issue now. At this age, your catalytic converter has been heated up so many times that it has become weak. It's possible to ruin your turbo if you do anything else first. Change the Up Pipe to a catless version. The only brands I recommend are APS (retains a heatshield) or Grimmspeed (Is Ceramic Coated instead of heatshield) and both have a flexpipe which will help prevent the turbo from moving around under load.

After small dealings with Opensource, I recommend Accessport to anyone new at tuning their car. A stage 1 flash, and up pipe will gain you gas mileage, and performance. You'll enjoy it.

Catback and downpipe I'd suggest doing at the same time. Reasoning? Catbacks provide almost 0 hp gain and are just noise makers. Find a sound you like from our sound list, and then get it and a downpipe. In my opinion the invidia is the best downpipe, but their catback is too loud.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    The car does not need added power. If you do not believe this, consider how quickly you find yourself lifting off into a bend or how much you delay getting back on the throttle.

To make the car faster start on the ground and move up and in. So make sure you have the stickiest rubber you can find on the smallest (not a typo) wheels that will clear your brakes, and make sure the brakes and steering are as-new factory spec or better. Then look at springs, dampers, and bars, making sure they are in top shape. Change as little as necessary.

The bugeye car can out-drive its headlamps (I own one). Look into polishing your (by now worn) lenses, and maybe adding driving lamps like the Hella 1000s.

Once all that is done, and once the motor is at least up to date with factory maintenance and authentic parts, look at exhaust mods. No sooner.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thumbs up

well my car has a set of h and r springs and agx struts but one of the struts got damaged so i gotta change them all out or hopefully find someone who has one to sell....thanks for the help

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil21 View Post
    well my car has a set of h and r springs and agx struts but one of the struts got damaged so i gotta change them all out or hopefully find someone who has one to sell....thanks for the help
    Contact Kayaba because I seem to remember they warranty their dampers for life. I don't know if that applies to the AGX model when used with lower springs but it's probably worth asking just in case they do, it will save you some money.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

my order went like this:

turbo back and up pipe
    accessport
    coilovers.
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    my order went like this:

turbo back and up pipe
    accessport
    coilovers.
    Definitely wouldn't have been mine.

Accessport should've come before the turboback (bug eye's it's not as big of a deal)

And Coilovers seems like an expensive suspension upgrade that is unnecessary unless you're looking to autoX. And if that's the case, there should've been other things along with them.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!