i hate awd cause it doesnt slide thread
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on i hate awd cause it doesnt slide thread within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sup. my names ivan. i just picked up a 08 wrx today. its better than the 97 honda odessey piece ...

i hate awd cause it doesnt slide thread

sup. my names ivan. i just picked up a 08 wrx today. its better than the 97 honda odessey piece of garbage i was driving earlier. the 08 style isnt my favorite, and to be honest i dont really like wrx's but its starting to grow on me fast. i was originally looking for a sti or evo (prefer the evo, its looks more aggressive get over it). anyway, im happy with the car, its an awesome daily, i dont plan on modding it, or i hope to god not cause i know what happened to my car when i did that.

anyway, here to learn more about the car, not really looking to mod cause like i said i already have a car that does that, BUT i would still like to know more about wrx's period.

here are pics of my 240, i recently got my d1 license but havent been able to put it to use yet.

mods are full suspension with cut knuckles getting over 60 degrees of steering angle. i would love to drop a r200 in the wrx and make it rwd but like i said its a daily.

the motor is a sr20, built block and power fc. so far i have a gt2871r, tomei 740's, but i still need a headgasket, exhaust mani and retune on c16 so i can advance the **** out of the ignition.

pics of the stock pos 240....

me and will playing around...
    YouTube - NST Drift Demo III 3/1/'09 #3
    YouTube - NST Drift Demo III 3/1/'09
    im the guy that went after aaron (sick ass ls1 and stew with the redish s14)
    YouTube - 1-25-2009 Mineral Wells, Texas Drift Event

anyway, hope to learn something i know nothing about. i enjoy the car so far and i want to take car of it as much as possible without breaking the **** out of it like the s14

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh and the sr ran great and still had 312 at the wheels. not running now cause of the turbo upgrade which means i need more parts.

just clearing that up.

Dude respect...!
    I like that you try and balance out your combination of your cars like that... even if you arent 100% with the subaru you still got it... care to explain what your reason was for the buy?

If im not 110% on anything i wont buy it!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i am a sucker for kouki's.

beautiful 240. nice drifting

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    Dude respect...!
    I like that you try and balance out your combination of your cars like that... even if you arent 100% with the subaru you still got it... care to explain what your reason was for the buy?

If im not 110% on anything i wont buy it!
    the mini van i was driving was taking a crap on itself. it was good for hauling around tires/tools/oil/friends but i no longer needed that since i started to trailer my car everywhere.

i wanted a car thats relatively fast and fun to drive but is still comfortable. the only 2 cars that come to mind is a wrx or evo. 4 door, turbo, awd, just all around good car to cruise around in.

If you can't get an AWD car to slide then you aren't driving fast enough...

Cool

I understand that his car is 566whp with over 600wtq but just youtube search Ken Block and see what you can do with the AWD Subaru.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

I used to love to slide around in my 240's a lot before I went to a Subie. I haven't had any for awhile, and I always miss it. But really, there's not that much difference between the techniques. When I'm "doing it in the dirt" instead, I can get mine to act pretty close to the same as a RWD. It's probably been an actual benefit to my driving ability, because I have to focus on shifting the weight to the front more during the entry. But there is nothing quite like a 240 (S13's in my case).

-Steve
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

haha, i think 110mph entries before the clutch kick can be considered fast enough.

and ill slide the scubby eventually, i cant help that.

Quote Originally Posted by xanavi_D View Post
    haha, i think 110mph entries before the clutch kick can be considered fast enough.

and ill slide the scubby eventually, i cant help that.
    Sick!

Just remember with the Sube that the front wheels are pulling too. Keeping the power on and the steering straight once you get it lined up (after weight transfer and turn-in) works for me. Have fun just keep it off the blacktop unless you're a rich man.

-Steve

edit: wait a second, did your speedo read 110, cause those tires are spinning pretty hard j/k
    Last edited by 240kph; 07-04-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

110 BEFORE the clutch kick my son.

this car is hardcore starting to grow on me and its only been a few days.

the turn in kinda sucks cause it feels more like fwd car but the response and low end torque afterwards is awesome.

me not wanting to mod it kinda went out the window, not cause of power but the throttle response sucks pretty bad. you guys know if intake/exhaust/basic bolt on bull**** will void the warrenty? heel toe is a pain in the ass when the throttle is so laggy, and when the gears are so much longer then any other car ive ever driven hard.

also, whats the break in period on this? i used straight 30 on the s14 and barely gave it gas for the first 3k miles. anything different about the flat 4 i should know about? any weaknesses?

ALSO, what kinda turbo does it have? ive looked around but most of the specs are stupid ass reviews. sooo ball bearing? journal? trim? a/r? exhaust wheel size? compressor wheel size? max boost? i would prob know this if i had a compressor map but i dunno what kinda turbo it is to begin with. vfsomething or other? drop some knowledge on me.

Anybody here hear of Patrick Mordaunt?
    Stink-Eye Mob #4

DGM: Dank Guy Machine

Mine's named Sasha, whats yours :'D

Quote Originally Posted by elscoobano20 View Post
    Anybody here hear of Patrick Mordaunt?
    yes.

so what about them turbo specs brohammer

He's my buddy

Rofl, anyways, never drifted myself, but i've been a passenger alongside him a couple times.

Probably most exhilarating moments of my life

EDIT: And I'll see if I can find some turbo specs for you... not too sure though :/
    Stink-Eye Mob #4

Here's a little thread on the turbo, hope it helps.

VF-52 Information
    Stink-Eye Mob #4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.