09 Tail lights?!

This is a discussion on 09 Tail lights?! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked me up an 09 WRX back in February, and love it. But I cannot stand the clear tails. Picked ...

09 Tail lights?!

Picked me up an 09 WRX back in February, and love it. But I cannot stand the clear tails. Picked up some pre-cut red vinyl from Lamin-x.com, but have had trouble installing it...even with professional help. Pretty sure I'm just going to go pick up some lens paint, and paint them now.

I've searched this forum up and down, and cannot believe I did not find anything on the 08-09 tail lights. I know I'm not the only one who hates the clears, so figured there would be some tutorials or a thread on how people changed them somewhere, but no luck finding that. Anyone lead me in the right direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Red Tail-Light overlays... - IWSTI.com: Subaru WRX STI Forums

if you read through the thread there are some tips and tricks on how others got theirs on

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks, checking out the thread now. And I'm not sure about the vinyl, my cousin does vinyl professional and was having a tough time doing it. I'm not sure if I'm ready to mess around for hours with it again, but we'll see. Almost would rather just paint them now, but I'll read through the thread and maybe it will change my mind.

So is the site you linked me to more for newer WRX's? This site probably not the best for what I'm looking for?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    not from what i'm aware of. i'm not a member but from what i've seen it's pretty similar to clubwrx. different topics and subjects can be found on different forums. it's not to say that one is better than the other though

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Try picking up some red tint-paint at a model and hobby shop. 2 or 3 coats on your taillights will make them red and shiny and beautiful. That was an old trick on integra altezza lights once everyone realized that clear tails were old-school and super dated. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
    Try picking up some red tint-paint at a model and hobby shop. 2 or 3 coats on your taillights will make them red and shiny and beautiful. That was an old trick on integra altezza lights once everyone realized that clear tails were old-school and super dated. Good luck!
    Yea, that is old school. Nowadays you can buy lens paint at most hardware stores that works better than the model paint.

Krylon: Products: Stained Glass Color

This is most likely what I will be doing, as the vinyl has just become to much of a PITA, and that other site really didn't give much in the way of tips (besides what I didn't already know).

Thanks again for the help you guys...I'll post back up once I've finished so you can see how it turned out.