Need legal advice
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

This is a discussion on Need legal advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So about a month ago I hired a mechanic(from CTR) to do a head rebuild on my 05 Subaru WRX. ...

  1. #1
    Registered User ej20_allday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Need legal advice

    So about a month ago I hired a mechanic(from CTR) to do a head rebuild on my 05 Subaru WRX. I told him me and my dad will pay him 800 to rebuild the head plus the parts. Well, he did and I we paid him. The car ran fine until it blew a head gasket a week later. My mechanic made us a guarantee that the engine will run without a problem so I gave him a call and he said he'd come fix it without a problem. He said he'd come Wednesday but he didnt come. Then he said he'd come the fallowing Saturday and once again he failed to show up. Now, it has ben almost a month and he continues to purposely avoid my calls and I'm sick of it.

    What legal action can we take so I can either get the job finished or my money back?

    I'm hoping someone can help me out.
    I keep my scooby clean

  2. Remove Advertisements

  3. #2
    Registered User Walkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Wheaton, IL
    You're in a difficult situation. Understand that if there is no paperwork or written guarantee, this is sort of your word vs. your mechanic's. I would say threatening civil suit would scare him into fixing his insufficient work, but usually when you pay someone under the table to do a job for you, it is tough to prove that you were had. However, you just spent 800 dollars plus parts costs, and that is one heft chunk of change to lose as part of nothing more than a lesson learned. I recommend that you keep trying to get a hold of him. Go find him if you have to. It is very easy to lie to someone over the phone, being much harder in person. Tell him that you will go to other customers and fill them in on the scam he is running. If that doesn't work, find a lawyer you know personally and trust, and have them call him. Other than that, you legally don't have much of a leg to stand on. Sorry Chief, hope that helps!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts