new subaru and new to the forum
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new subaru and new to the forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Everyone, about two weeks ago i just bought an 09 wrx in obsidian black pearl and just finished the ...

new subaru and new to the forum

Hey Everyone,

about two weeks ago i just bought an 09 wrx in obsidian black pearl and just finished the break in period of about 1000 miles. lookin foward to actually pushing it a bit. im getting tints in about a week or so and im gonna order a SPT boost gauge in a few weeks as well. Does anyone know where i can get a 4door catback SPT system thats not 900 bucks through Subaru? also i wanted to swap my halogen lights for 09 STI HID lights, does anyone know if they are exactly the dimensions. i called the dealership and they want 750 for each light which is obvisouly pricey. im looking forward to learning a bunch of new stuff about the car and hopefully getting into some future mods so ill take all tips/recomendations

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome. for the exhaust look in the for sale section. i think the headlights will line up. for future power mods search "stage 2"
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Quote Originally Posted by 09rexxin View Post
    Hey Everyone,

about two weeks ago i just bought an 09 wrx in obsidian black pearl and just finished the break in period of about 1000 miles. lookin foward to actually pushing it a bit. im getting tints in about a week or so and im gonna order a SPT boost gauge in a few weeks as well. Does anyone know where i can get a 4door catback SPT system thats not 900 bucks through Subaru? also i wanted to swap my halogen lights for 09 STI HID lights, does anyone know if they are exactly the dimensions. i called the dealership and they want 750 for each light which is obvisouly pricey. im looking forward to learning a bunch of new stuff about the car and hopefully getting into some future mods so ill take all tips/recomendations
    Hi and welcome. Are you sure you want an SPT catback, they are on the loud side. That's what I have and I'm looking to replace it with something not so loud.

You hit a thousand miles in 2 weeks!? You are a trooper! I've had my car for 3 and a half weeks and I just turned 600 tonight. If you keep driving like you're driving, in one year, you'll have driven 26,000 miles........... YOU DRIVE A LOT!

well im driving it a lot just because i want to get past the break in period, as soon as i hit 1000 miles im toning it down a lot and driving my explorer.. i just wanted to get passed the babying of the car

Welcome!

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike09 View Post
    Hi and welcome. Are you sure you want an SPT catback, they are on the loud side. That's what I have and I'm looking to replace it with something not so loud.
    sorry, but comparred to the perrin catback, the SPT sound to muffled.

I say order the perrin catback. Its cheaper and sounds better.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome and enjoy!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

XTC
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
    You hit a thousand miles in 2 weeks!? You are a trooper! I've had my car for 3 and a half weeks and I just turned 600 tonight. If you keep driving like you're driving, in one year, you'll have driven 26,000 miles........... YOU DRIVE A LOT!
    I drive about 100 mi a day...and I dont have a job, or anything...like today I went to Santa cruz to the beach...then to the movies...and I have college 4 days a week...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.