Clubrsx newcomer

This is a discussion on Clubrsx newcomer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys... I own a 04 rsx type-slow lolll and i was thinking about swapping for a WRX.... I really ...

Clubrsx newcomer

Hey guys... I own a 04 rsx type-slow lolll and i was thinking about swapping for a WRX.... I really want an STI but seeing as im 19 and in college i can't really afford the car or the issurance... I was just wondering what you guys think about going from a type-s to a WRX ... i know the WRX is quicker but is it really easy to modifiy? the thing that is keeping me from modding my rsx is FWD and unforged internals.... Im thinking with a AWD turbo car modding should be relativeley easier and cheaper? I was hopping to get input from someone who wanted an STI but settled for a WRX... do you regret it? In your opinion should i just wait it out till i can get an STI.... Im just really confused about the whole thing and clubrsx is no help they tend to be a tad arrogant and unhelpfull..... Anyway thanks for the help and i hope I eventually make clubwrx my new home

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got a wrx and loved it. i did, however, wish i had an sti. there was a big difference in performance and power b/w the two. i had no intention of getting a new car, since i still loved my wrx, but i got a great deal. since the '10's are about to come out, deals are great now. in fact, i got a brand new (17 orig. mi) '08. after i traded my wrx it was a steal. look around and with a trade and the current economic situation a new sti is a lot more affordable than you think (especially since there is no difference b/w the '08 and '09 sti). if you can find one cheap, get the sti. the wrx is still a great buy though, and you definitely won't be disappointed
    2008 OBP STi
    traded in: 2004 PSM WRX
    Stink Eye Mob #25
    08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery...

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

The mod options for a WRX are nearly endless only limited by your imagination and budget.

Sorry I bought a WRX instead of an STi? Sometimes, but mostly no. An STi was not within my budget in 2004. The STi six speed alone is nearly worth the extra $. I have modded my WRX to near and / or beyond stock 2004 STi performance in many respects.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I love my 04' WRX but if I could have afforded the STI, god knows I would have purchased that instead. But long story short you wont be dissapointed in a WRX, Im sitting at a Stage II Cobb AP, just waiting to save some money for a ProTune and I will be more then satisfied until I get a budget increase so I can purchase an STI trans, work on the suspension, STI TMIC, larger injectors and a VF39 or similar type turbo upgrade and I will be overly happy with my WRX. Do yourself a favor and get rid of that RSX -Type SLOW, and get the WRX you will love it.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"