Clubrsx newcomer
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clubrsx newcomer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys... I own a 04 rsx type-slow lolll and i was thinking about swapping for a WRX.... I really ...

Clubrsx newcomer

Hey guys... I own a 04 rsx type-slow lolll and i was thinking about swapping for a WRX.... I really want an STI but seeing as im 19 and in college i can't really afford the car or the issurance... I was just wondering what you guys think about going from a type-s to a WRX ... i know the WRX is quicker but is it really easy to modifiy? the thing that is keeping me from modding my rsx is FWD and unforged internals.... Im thinking with a AWD turbo car modding should be relativeley easier and cheaper? I was hopping to get input from someone who wanted an STI but settled for a WRX... do you regret it? In your opinion should i just wait it out till i can get an STI.... Im just really confused about the whole thing and clubrsx is no help they tend to be a tad arrogant and unhelpfull..... Anyway thanks for the help and i hope I eventually make clubwrx my new home

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got a wrx and loved it. i did, however, wish i had an sti. there was a big difference in performance and power b/w the two. i had no intention of getting a new car, since i still loved my wrx, but i got a great deal. since the '10's are about to come out, deals are great now. in fact, i got a brand new (17 orig. mi) '08. after i traded my wrx it was a steal. look around and with a trade and the current economic situation a new sti is a lot more affordable than you think (especially since there is no difference b/w the '08 and '09 sti). if you can find one cheap, get the sti. the wrx is still a great buy though, and you definitely won't be disappointed
    2008 OBP STi
    traded in: 2004 PSM WRX
    Stink Eye Mob #25
    08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery...

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

The mod options for a WRX are nearly endless only limited by your imagination and budget.

Sorry I bought a WRX instead of an STi? Sometimes, but mostly no. An STi was not within my budget in 2004. The STi six speed alone is nearly worth the extra $. I have modded my WRX to near and / or beyond stock 2004 STi performance in many respects.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I love my 04' WRX but if I could have afforded the STI, god knows I would have purchased that instead. But long story short you wont be dissapointed in a WRX, Im sitting at a Stage II Cobb AP, just waiting to save some money for a ProTune and I will be more then satisfied until I get a budget increase so I can purchase an STI trans, work on the suspension, STI TMIC, larger injectors and a VF39 or similar type turbo upgrade and I will be overly happy with my WRX. Do yourself a favor and get rid of that RSX -Type SLOW, and get the WRX you will love it.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.