Almost Newbie=questions??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Almost Newbie=questions?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone from Texas! About to buy an 09 WRX 5 door standard. Good deal, 2.9% APR and giving me ...

Almost Newbie=questions??

Hello everyone from Texas!

About to buy an 09 WRX 5 door standard. Good deal, 2.9% APR and giving me a lot for trade in, plus adding the SPT exhaust package.

Car is 150 miles away, so can not see all the options. I was wondering if the 5 door comes with the STI rear wing as standard equipment. Also the body kit?

The difference between the standard and the premium is 6 disc cd changer, fog lights, and moonroof. Am I missing anything else? That is where the extra $2500 is coming from?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    The body kit is standard on all '09 WRXs.

Ok, just looked at the previous post in the new members area, body kit question answered. So new to this =)

Trading in a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with oversized tires and 3 inch suspension lift.....0 to 60 in 18 seconds!!!

I am so excited on getting it tomorrow and wanting to learn all about the boxster engine. Here goes nothin
    Last edited by schleygo; 06-23-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by schleygo View Post
    So, it comes with the rear wing with the LED brake light? Thanks for the help.
    Yep. I've never seen one without it.

brfatal

Where you from in Dallas? I live in Arlington

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I lived in Far North Dallas. I actually just moved.

I guess to VA.

I just read in one of the auto magazines(mainstream mag) while waiting in the doctor's office about the mag pumping up a 09 WRX.

They put a CAI and exhaust with ECU tuning, and got like 34 HPs with 20lbs of torque. I remember the article saying that if they put on the exhaust with the CAI, they lost the combined HP that both made on their own, until they did the ECU tuning.

That article I read, before my checkup, lit a fire under me A** to buy one.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by schleygo View Post
    I guess to VA.

I just read in one of the auto magazines(mainstream mag) while waiting in the doctor's office about the mag pumping up a 09 WRX.

They put a CAI and exhaust with ECU tuning, and got like 34 HPs with 20lbs of torque. I remember the article saying that if they put on the exhaust with the CAI, they lost the combined HP that both made on their own, until they did the ECU tuning.

That article I read, before my checkup, lit a fire under me A** to buy one.
    I assume that was with a catback. Wait till you see the gains with a turboback exhaust. I gained 70 whp with exhaust, CAI, and tune in my '02.

Turboback exhaust???? I have a lot to learn!! Subaru just but the SPT catback. I was hoping that would be good for a few years

I am just a young grasshopper

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.