New member from Iowa

This is a discussion on New member from Iowa within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, my name is Mike. I just picked up my WRX a couple days ago. It's a 2009 hatchback in ...

New member from Iowa

Hi, my name is Mike. I just picked up my WRX a couple days ago. It's a 2009 hatchback in dark grey metallic. The only options I got are the SPT catback and the STI short shifter. I'm not new to AWD turbo, I had a 2003 EVO VIII that I bought new and drove for 4 years before trading it in for a 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited sahara. After two years of driving the Jeep I really missed a turbo AWD car and started looking at what was out there. I never thought I would own a suby, but they knocked it out of the park with the '09's. What a great car. The SPT catback sounds great and isn't too loud. My Evo had 3" and my wife hated it, plus my son is only a few months old and having something that loud just wouldn't work out. The short shifter feels great, but I'm not a fan of the stock shift knob so I have a GReddy counterweight on the way. I also ordered a HID kit that should be here hopefully by the end of the week. I think a set of springs is in my future pretty soon, just waiting to see what comes out for the '09's that isn't softer than the stock springs. Looking to find a set that drops the front 1.5" and the back 1". Here's a couple pics I took today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweet ride! Welcome!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Hello and welcome to the club! I hope you like it here.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

that is a sick ass ride bro!!!... congrats on your enlistment in the CLUBwrx.net team. lol. we are the people to ask if you need any assistance. again, congrats.
    MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134

https://www.facebook.com/L1G3R

2007 WRB WRX TR, Stage 2.5, SPT Intake, Full Invidia 3" Exhaust w/ N1, ISC Coilovers, 17x8 RPF1 w/ Hankook VENTUS V4, DIY Engine Grounding.

Welcome to the forums . Hey i am from Iowa as well perhaps one day we will meet up =-P i live about an hour away.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own. - Adam Savage