on the fence
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on on the fence within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looking to order an 09 WRX Could use a little advice as to which items everyone likes and dislikes as ...

on the fence

Looking to order an 09 WRX
    Could use a little advice as to which items everyone likes and dislikes as a factory add on?

Take care
    P-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like the "tires" option. Its always a good thing when there are tires on the wheels! Hahahahaha
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

Ok you got me there!

Hmm well they are working on the 2010's right now so what is on the dealer lots is what is out there. I did get a DGM 09 prem. Was looking for white or DGM. NO whites left tho.

Anyways here goes. Mine had STI short throw shifter. Like it never tried the stock but was told this was alot better. It also has the rear bumper cover. O i have a hatch so supposed to keep you from scratching the paint.

I did tint the car as dark as legal. 3 thumbs up if i had that many.. helped the looks a huge amount.

Sport mesh grill. Better than stock but lost the WRX badge. Still like it better tho.

STI front lip spoiler. Like it.

I did have all weather mats. Never go back to carpet ones here. Way easier to clean. Sounds weird sand is a pain where I go. Throw em on the ground hose em off.

Im going to tint the tail lights next. Should help not to crazy about the all clear ones. Here is a few pics .

+1 on Nobody's options, get the GPS too if you can. I don't have it, but I wish I did.
    2008 OBP STi
    traded in: 2004 PSM WRX
    Stink Eye Mob #25
    08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery...

I went with the premium for the sunroof, a must for me. Short shifter as well.

If you're into music at all, and aren't going to be adding a sound system, consider the Subaru subwoofer add on. It's not fantastic, but it helps out quite a bit.

I was going to get the Navigation, but couldn't justify the $2500 they were asking for it. I dropped in a Kenwood DNX-5120 for $700 installed myself, and am very happy with it.

Other than the head unit, I have stock speakers and stock subwoofer (under drivers seat). I'm perfectly content with the sound like that.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

The fog lights add a great look as well, but I think it's a $500 option and I wasn't about to pay that living in Southern California. The navi (from sub or aftermarket) is almost a must - blue tooth phone integration for me is more functional than either the GPS, iPod, SD card or the DVD player (again california, hands free laws). Tint option would be great, but you can get a better price outside of dealership (unless you say to the salesman at final price.......well....i dunno......throw in tint and it's a deal)

Couldnt do the navi option. 2k for gps? Like he said ok for LA but where i live went out and bought a nice garmin for 250. Looked like this to me

2k - nav

1800- Fog lights - 6 cd 10 speaker radio-heated seats-heated mirrors - heated wipers-sunroof- steering wheel with cruise and radio controls(Sounds weird but it rocks).

I went with the limited and skipped the navi

O got the tint for 225. Other dealer was 300.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.