New Pics...New Member.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

This is a discussion on New Pics...New Member. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here they are...can't wait to rid myself of this BOV...absolute garbage....

  1. #1
    Registered User subcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    36

    New Pics...New Member.

    Here they are...can't wait to rid myself of this BOV...absolute garbage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010031.jpg   P1010029.jpg   P1010034.jpg   P1010036-1.jpg  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's actually not a blow off valve.

    That's a bypass valve (TurboXS RBV34) that the previous owner didn't bother to use correctly. It's meant for use with TXS's FMIC. That tube hanging out the side is supposed to be be plumbed back into the recirculation hose.

  4. #3
    Registered User subcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    That's actually not a blow off valve.

    That's a bypass valve (TurboXS RBV34) that the previous owner didn't bother to use correctly. It's meant for use with TXS's FMIC. That tube hanging out the side is supposed to be be plumbed back into the recirculation hose.
    It doesn't have to be used with an FMIC does it? I could just dump it back in the the recirculation hose...right? ...thanks for clearing that up.
    Last edited by subcon; 06-20-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: fix

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subcon View Post
    It doesn't have to be used with an FMIC does it? I could just dump it back in the the recirculation hose...right? ...thanks for clearing that up.
    It doesn't have to be used with a FMIC, but the dump tube won't reach the recirc hose.

    You can turn the assembly if you want. The previous owner had to get an adapter to fit that on a the TMIC. I believe there are 3 small bolts you can take off with an allen wrench to rotate it.

  6. #5
    Registered User subcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    It doesn't have to be used with a FMIC, but the dump tube won't reach the recirc hose.

    You can turn the assembly if you want. The previous owner had to get an adapter to fit that on a the TMIC. I believe there are 3 small bolts you can take off with an allen wrench to rotate it.
    I haven't really investigated it at all, but can that recirculation hose be replaced with say, a longer piece of hose without ridiculous custom modification? There are three small 3mm nuts that move it around.

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can try.

  8. #7
    Registered User tarmacsti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Africa, Jo'burg
    Posts
    862
    Spotted a MBC, and by the sound of it the prev owner didnt really know alot about tunning...when taking the bov situation into account.... rather dont drive it hard and get it tunned.

    my 2c
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •