NEW STI Owner..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEW STI Owner.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. Im new here. Ive wanted a STI for so long. I finally got one. 2004 STI, 66k miles ...

NEW STI Owner..

Hey guys. Im new here. Ive wanted a STI for so long. I finally got one.

2004 STI, 66k miles on it. MINT condition. Got it from a guy that is a service manager at a Subaru dealer. all stock except for a compuSTAR alarm/remote start. and Turbo timer.

this thing drives amazing! wow. everything feels solid, shifting is solid, feels like its brand new. The guy must have babied this car.

But ya, figured ill post a lil intro thread for me.
    heres a couple pics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks clean man congrats!

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Looks great! Enjoy!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

hmmm i just noticed this now. looks like the back end sits lower then the front? is this normal?

I Support ClubWRX
    It's just squat from 66K miles struts/springs. Not a big issue. You can fix it with new struts or springs or an aftermarket setup. Congrats on the purchase. It's my favorite year.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Congrats man - that car looks off-the-lot!

Thanks everyone. I think the very first thing I will get for it is tint.. im thinking about 30% not to dark, but still have a little darkness to it.

also.. a new intake and Exhaust. what brands do you guys recommend?

I Support ClubWRX
    Skip the intake. No power benefit. Just remove the silencer in the intake box and slap in a high flow filter.

Exhaust..start with a DP with high flow cat and see how you like it. Cobb is my preferrance, but there are many others out there. A cobb DP w/HF cat and Accessport Stage 2 will wake your STi up in a hurry...for pretty cheap if you get the parts uses...which I highly recommend.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Skip the intake. No power benefit. Just remove the silencer in the intake box and slap in a high flow filter.

Exhaust..start with a DP with high flow cat and see how you like it. Cobb is my preferrance, but there are many others out there. A cobb DP w/HF cat and Accessport Stage 2 will wake your STi up in a hurry...for pretty cheap if you get the parts uses...which I highly recommend.
    Well i looked up what intake silencer is. and then checked my car and i think the previous owner already did it.. The black air intake duct in the engine bay goes into that hole on the side of the chassis. and it ends. and there is a hole where the air goes into the airfilter. as for exhaust. any sites you recomend getting it from? you said pretty cheap..

for parts i might recommend JSC Speed, they have a good selection and the prices are very reasonable IMO

Cool thanks. I went to a local Exhaust performance shop and talked to them. I told them i really dont want to spend a whole lot of money on an exhaust system. They told me they could put on a axleback Magaflow muffler for about $175. they probably not much of a performance upgrade but it would sound pretty good...

also i got another question. to fill up the IC sprayer tank. i just use water right? or do i need to add anything something with it?

Quote Originally Posted by SchwingY27 View Post
    Cool thanks. I went to a local Exhaust performance shop and talked to them. I told them i really dont want to spend a whole lot of money on an exhaust system. They told me they could put on a axleback Magaflow muffler for about $175. they probably not much of a performance upgrade but it would sound pretty good...

also i got another question. to fill up the IC sprayer tank. i just use water right? or do i need to add anything something with it?
    Don't waste your money. Get a turboback exhaust from a reputable vendor that deals with Subarus.

You have to put distilled water in the IC tank. Buy at any grocery store. Leave it half filled during winter time if you see freezing temps.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

^^^+1. look on here to you can find used exhaust systems for sale.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Don't waste your money. Get a turboback exhaust from a reputable vendor that deals with Subarus.

You have to put distilled water in the IC tank. Buy at any grocery store. Leave it half filled during winter time if you see freezing temps.
    but that will cost ALOT more.. plus i read i might have CEL light issues or somthing..

what vendors do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by SchwingY27 View Post
    but that will cost ALOT more.. plus i read i might have CEL light issues or somthing..

what vendors do you recommend?
    An axleback isn't going to give you any performance gains.

Yes, if you get a TBE, you will have to get some sort of engine management (ie, Accessport, Protune, etc.). Well worth it though. Your STI at Stage 2 (TBE w/ a tune) will be killing Vettes.

If money is an issue right now you can look for good bargains on a used setup.

Or, quite frankly, your stock STI exhaust is actually very good, so maybe wait until you have the right mod package you want.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast