New to the world of imports
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the world of imports within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently purchased a 08 sti and am in love with it....im coming from driving and still owning a 91 ...

New to the world of imports

I recently purchased a 08 sti and am in love with it....im coming from driving and still owning a 91 5.0 with a 347 stroker but gotta admit that the sti is so muchhhhhh fun....i wanna get some simple bolt on stuff right now and really am not surre since this is my first turbo car, can any1 start steering me in the right direction like to what bov i should get and downpipe and what not

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kosszilla View Post
    I recently purchased a 08 sti and am in love with it....im coming from driving and still owning a 91 5.0 with a 347 stroker but gotta admit that the sti is so muchhhhhh fun....i wanna get some simple bolt on stuff right now and really am not surre since this is my first turbo car, can any1 start steering me in the right direction like to what bov i should get and downpipe and what not

NO BOV NO BOV NO BOV NO BOV NO BOV

read the stickys on here and nasioc especially the unibombers on nasioc before you decide to do anything!!!!

???

Do a little research about mod paths and you'll find putting a BOV in now will mess up your engine. A simple and popular start point with proven results is upgraded exhaust and engine mangagement. COngrats on the STi, I just upgraded from an 04 WRX myself.
    2008 OBP STi
    traded in: 2004 PSM WRX
    Stink Eye Mob #25
    08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery...

???
    Exactly what i thought...

dude, you have a very nice car why would you need more power from it?
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

A BOV is that little appliance that some turbo cars have, which make that PSHHHHT!! sound between shifts, perhaps you've heard it?(widely disliked by most subaru enthusiasts because it could cause long term engine damage if not applied correctly) Anyway i just got an 08 last month and trust me, stick to these forums like glue and like the above poster said:

READ ALL THE STICKIES, they are wonderful.....

Firstly read all the stickies
    Everyone is going to have their opinions on what you should or shouldn't do and what is right or wrong, here is mine,
    If you must have a BOV for the cool PSSHHHHH sound find a 50/50 one not a full atmospheric.
    Next I would go stage 2 which is a downpipe, optional catback and tune. There are many different ways to get a tune the easy way being to fork out the money for a COBB access port.
    Next would be to have a blast, because you would have one badass car dude Oh yeah and tint the tail lights, the stock ones are blah.
    Welcome to the club
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    Firstly read all the stickies
    Everyone is going to have their opinions on what you should or shouldn't do and what is right or wrong, here is mine,
    If you must have a BOV for the cool PSSHHHHH sound find a 50/50 one not a full atmospheric.
    Next I would go stage 2 which is a downpipe, optional catback and tune. There are many different ways to get a tune the easy way being to fork out the money for a COBB access port.
    Next would be to have a blast, because you would have one badass car dude Oh yeah and tint the tail lights, the stock ones are blah.
    Welcome to the club

yeah so far ive heard yes and no on a bov...i was thinking about the hks one....i was looking at the cobb tuner that really does help out? and whats your suggestion on meth injection?

you dont like the stock tailights? i think they go good with the black

here you go this should be perfect for you..

Crawford Performance
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

yeah so far ive heard yes and no on a bov...i was thinking about the hks one....i was looking at the cobb tuner that really does help out? and whats your suggestion on meth injection?

you dont like the stock tailights? i think they go good with the black
    The stock tail lights have a little too much chrome for me, some people see them as altezza style. Tinting all or partially looks sick.
    The COBB tuners are amazing and provide a number of great OTS tunes.
    I personally do not know much about meth inj. or the HKS BOV,
    Do a lot of researching on the parts you want before buying them.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.