my clutch!!!!

This is a discussion on my clutch!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sad to report...i have to replace my clutch...i have the part on order...im wondering how much it will be???...

my clutch!!!!

sad to report...i have to replace my clutch...i have the part on order...im wondering how much it will be???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by expo336 View Post
    sad to report...i have to replace my clutch...i have the part on order...im wondering how much it will be???
    like $800-1000 total
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

800-1000 is a rough guess which all depends on parts. Are you sticking with an OEM stock clutch or are you going up stage 1 or higher. Are you also replacing flywheel at the same time or not. Which company clutch are you looking at getting, ACT, Exedy, ClutchMasters..... then also who is installing the clutch ?

Im actually having mine done this week as well so I have already been through all this. I spent total 1600 but that was for Up+Downpipe (figured while I was doing the clutch why not) Stage2 Clutch+ Street Lite flywheel, Cobb Accessport V2.0 and lastly the install done by my mechanic at Subaru.

So minus the 695 for the Cobb and the 300 for pipes that leaves me with 605 for the clutch and install. I did not buy a TOP OF THE LINE Clutch but I did not just buy the cheapest clutch I could. I did a lot of research before buying. Compared and re-compared every clutch I could find. For the money I think I have a great product coming I will also give a review after I have my 500 mile break in done. Good luck with the clutch swap.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    like $800-1000 total
    depending on parts... if you're resurfacing the stock flywheel (not recommended by subaru) and labor.

750-1500 I know. Big range... but labor varies in so many places, and we don't know what parts you're purchasing
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

well my dad works for subaru, so i just got the stock clutch...really cheap. i also want to change one of the pulleys with an after market one . im also am putting on a new turbo inlet valve, and get the cobb tunning programmer... so hopefully it all works out....

[ps} is a blow off valve really worth it with the stock intercooler?? bc i have one thats been sitting in my closet for 3 years...lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by expo336 View Post
    [ps} is a blow off valve really worth it with the stock intercooler?? bc i have one thats been sitting in my closet for 3 years...lol
    No... At your modification level it will hurt things before it'll help...

Don't get a BOV unless you use MAP instead of MAF, or if you're on a Autronics, or Hydra setup..
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!