New Owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good morning. New owner here. Long story but all that matters is I have one now. I always wanted a ...

New Owner

Good morning. New owner here. Long story but all that matters is I have one now.

I always wanted a wrx since they first came out. I always thought I couldn't afford one and they are scarce around these parts. when I saw the wrx wagon I knew I had to have one. Years went by and I still considered it to be my favorite choice of car even though I had only read about them on the net. I saw a black one in town and it,s the only one I ever saw around here. I was driving back to my shop and just caught a glimpse of what I could have sworn was Subaru blue. I almost killed us crossing lanes and getting into the dealership without even thinking. Sure enough it was a blue 03 WRX Wagon. Needless to say, without speaking to the wife I applied and bought it the next day. I still haven't brought it home to get the painful reaction from the wife but am grinning ear to ear in the mean time. My options to buy it were to quit smoking and use that money to pay the payment which will start tomorrow when it comes home.
    Any ideas or must reads to get me started. I am a schooled and certified mechanic and will do everything myself as usual.

I can't believe I own one. Somebody pinch me. By the way , if you never here from me again it means my wife has a new patch of daisy's growing in the backyard the is about the size of a human body.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LMAO that is AWESOME!

Good luck with the wife, I think you should set up a video camera and youtube her reaction!!!

But congrats on the car it is definitely one that will stick out and turn some heads, especially in an area where they are scare. I bought mine when I still lived in the metro Detroit area, so being the motor city there was a huge lack of imports and it did turn alot of heads.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

That's a good idea about the video. At least there will be some sort of evidence laying around if I show up missing.

LOL... congrads and good luck... I showed the wife one in GT4 on my ps2 asked what she thought... her response was hmm... nice i like it! needless to say that was her famous last words as i stopped in front of the house with it the next day... took her a month to get over it...!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

ok i cant get enough of how you all go out n buy subys with such little regard to your wives lol i love it haha.
    and i second the vid idea, do it!

but yes sir, that feeling you get when you drive it and just love your new car... yeah that doesnt go away so get used to it.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

i have had my 02 WRX for 2 years and i still get that big grin on my face when i drive. (i love my subie) in my head.

congrads man. the wagons turn heads and alot of people dont know about our wagons they just see a grocery getter but when the hear the subie rumble and the turbo spool its over. necks break. i live in a area poluted wit subies but my wagon still turns heads
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

hello and welcome

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome. If you don't die when you tell your wife, could you take some pics for us?
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

how mad can she be, its a station wagon! tell her to think about all the shopping bags she can fit in that thing after she goes on a bigggg shopping day because you know she is. without your permission.

I vote you buy one for her too. In case she doesn't like it, then at least you'll have two

Well, here's how it went. I finally brought it home Monday night. After about a few hours of what a sorry Bast#%d I was and how she couldn't trust me it settled down. I hate to say this but I spent an hour getting yelled at in the kitchen but every time I looked out the window at the new beauty I know there was this gleam in my eye and a rush of excitement that would come over me. Triing to hold back grins and taking the full blunt of the I F@#^ked up agreement of the conversation yielded a more calm yet "I hate you" attitude from the Mrs.. what really Helped I suppose is that she really wanted her moms Subaru Forester and I sold her car the day before to buy it and told her to pick it up so she could cool off a bit. After a few hours with her mother and a drive back in her new ride, either they (Mother&Daughter) came up with a good plan to do me in or had a good heart to heart where I ended up in the He's a stupid man but you still love him category. All in all, I drove to work this morning in a dream.

Yeah I didn't hold back on the grins when I got that speech...

Glad you still with us... would not get too happy too quickly next fight you having guess what topic will rise?!

Bottom line is she will grow to love it, they all do!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

I Support ClubWRX

This story rival's Nick's found my wife with another woman story! Loved it!

You should write short stories for reader's digest!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Now the trick is modding the car without getting caught. Nothing and I mean nothing erks my wife more than me buying "not needed" stuff for a perfectly good car/motorcycle! I just got reamed for buying a boost gauge for my newtome 05 wrx.

Q: "Why do you need that"? A:So I can make sure the car is working correctly!

Q:"If its so important why didnt Subaru put one in the car"? A:Ommm, hmmm, well because....I...I mean they....ahhhh

See how quickly you can get busted!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.