welcome me! --- few questions also..

This is a discussion on welcome me! --- few questions also.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, kick A$$ forum. I've been reading for a few days now, and I really like what I see! ...

welcome me! --- few questions also..

hey guys, kick A$$ forum. I've been reading for a few days now, and I really like what I see!

my wrx... well it's bone stock. I got it 2 days ago, although it's certainly not like the STI I test drove, it's still the best car I have ever owned!

2002, wrx, 97,000 mi, and I got it for $7000 the guy I got it from was the orginal owner. he had a child-seet in the back, w/ showtunes and classical programmed on his syrus! the thing looks and drives like it has 20,000 mi. meticulous maintenance records also!

I'm almost happy with the power for now, however I would love to get the turbo to spool up a little faster. if I could do that I would stop with the engine and wait till after I dropped in some coil-overs and sway bars till I start back on modding the engine. (would take some time) I was thinking maybe a new up-pipe would help for now... what do you think?

I'm new to this stuff, and conservative w/ my money so please keep that in mind

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dude
    firstly welcome, secondly im in the same boat as you... we aint driving honda's bro... parts are expensive also extracting more power from it will be taking some reliability away...

as is subaru's are quite quick and easy to drive so for now you should have an advantage over most other cars on the road...

to point you in the right direction on modding subarus;

turbo back exhaust with chip tuning will get you well on your way!

post pics
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

not to mention if you go that way with the turboback and a ecu tune, youll need an uppipe. That would be a very popular way to get some more power, plus its hella fun.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

search for a all the diy mods you can do in the mean time... i know we have one on here for a uppipe gut...
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome. I've had my bugeye almost a year now and I'm still waiting to do some stuff to it because of money issues.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wiresix View Post
    hey guys, kick A$$ forum. I've been reading for a few days now, and I really like what I see!

my wrx... well it's bone stock. I got it 2 days ago, although it's certainly not like the STI I test drove, it's still the best car I have ever owned!

2002, wrx, 97,000 mi, and I got it for $7000 the guy I got it from was the orginal owner. he had a child-seet in the back, w/ showtunes and classical programmed on his syrus! the thing looks and drives like it has 20,000 mi. meticulous maintenance records also!

I'm almost happy with the power for now, however I would love to get the turbo to spool up a little faster. if I could do that I would stop with the engine and wait till after I dropped in some coil-overs and sway bars till I start back on modding the engine. (would take some time) I was thinking maybe a new up-pipe would help for now... what do you think?

I'm new to this stuff, and conservative w/ my money so please keep that in mind

Welcome!

An up pipe is a great idea! It's good for improving spooling, and for the safety of your turbo! The only 2 companies I personally recommend for up-pipes though, are APS and Grimmspeed. They both have a flex-pipe, and both have a form of heat shielding!

By getting the turbo-back exhaust, and a tune (whether OpenECU, XPT, or Cobb) will make your car feel brand new. I'd wait a little while to do this... but it may be easier for you to do the up pipe and turbo back exhaust at the same time!

Again, welcome!

-Kevin
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

wellcome and Bugeye FTW!!!

i got my bugeye with 93k on it and the previous owner beat the living H@%% out of it. so when i bought it i changed the oil and less than 3k i spun a rod bearing so i had to get a new well (used motor) only had 10K on it so new to me. and now im changeing my clutch soon so i decided to gut my stock up pipe from the old motor and im gonna change it out when i do my clutch since ill be that far into the car. Not to scare you with spinning rod bearings but if the privious owner of your car sounds like he took care of it so you shouldnt have any problems like i did. sry for rabbling.

have fun with ur new baby.