Ok, I am looking at buying a wrx/sti. Most likely 04-06. My question really is about the performance differences. I have done some preliminary research but would like some feedback from owners. So with that said here it goes. I have a muscle car with plenty of torque and power and I am mechanically inclined but new to the import market. I want a car with power and handling hence suby and there rep. Obviously I know that it will be easier to find a wrx with less abuse than an sti, but I am willing to do the leg work if need be. Here are a list of questions that I have.
1. As far as wrx's are concerned which is the better motor? 2.0L or the 2.5 06' and up? is one more easily upgradeable or reliable?
2. I want to be able to drift. Is this attainable at a stock level in either the wrx or sti at a stock level? I doubted that the wrx is but I thought the sti should be able to. Or how much work is needed for a wrx to attain this.
3. Any years that have upgraded engine/trans mounts that can better handle launches/mods?
4. Any years have stronger trans?
5. I assume the sti can break all four loose from a dead stance but can the wrx stock? (I heard the 2.5L can?) or how much work to attain this in a wrx? (I heard about 275whp)?
6. And lastly I might be answering my own question but for the price difference is it worth things that would be very expensive if able to be done at all to a wrx (i.e. adjustable diff, intercooler spray, upgraded engine, 6 MT).
So sorry for the long post but I have a lot of questions and have been cruising this site for a while gathering some info so I dont sound like a fool.
Thanks in advance to whoever replies.