Proud 09' Owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Proud 09' Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys! I just picked up an 09 WRX yesterday. I have been reading various forums including this one for ...

Proud 09' Owner

Hey guys!

I just picked up an 09 WRX yesterday. I have been reading various forums including this one for some time now. Although I am a new Subaru owner, I do have some history with the WRX. My step father owned both an 02' WRX and an 04' WRX STi. Lucky for me, I got to drive them both extensively.

Before this WRX, I owned an RSX Type S which was a nice car. It ran very well, it was quick, and even after 7 years looked great! Still, it was time for a new car. All wheel drive, 265hp, nice grunty sound, four doors - SIGN ME UP.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. Here's a pic of my new baby.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Congrats on the '09.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

congrats on the 09

I just bought one in February and love it. If have done some simple mods if you are thinking about modifying it at all, any accesport questions I would be happy to answer as well.

Congrats and welcome to the club. A simple mod to make it even better, get a short throw shifter setup and shifter bushings. Makes a huge difference in the feel and the travel from 1st to 2nd is now 3".

Congrats! My old 2001 integra looked like crap when I got rid of it for my 09 WRX, I'll do better.

Also, I got the bad engine, just blew up on me yesterday at 14,000 miles.

Congrats! Great color choice.
    2009 DGM WRX 5-door w/ STI short shifter. Stock...for now.

Wow such a warm welcome!

As of right now, I only have a few things planned. Kenwood 9140, hardwired radar detector, and shifter bushings are all on the list and should be waiting for me when I get home.

I'm a tinkerer at heart so I wouldn't doubt more is to come but I am trying to keep this one as stock as possible!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.