Proud 09' Owner

This is a discussion on Proud 09' Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys! I just picked up an 09 WRX yesterday. I have been reading various forums including this one for ...

Proud 09' Owner

Hey guys!

I just picked up an 09 WRX yesterday. I have been reading various forums including this one for some time now. Although I am a new Subaru owner, I do have some history with the WRX. My step father owned both an 02' WRX and an 04' WRX STi. Lucky for me, I got to drive them both extensively.

Before this WRX, I owned an RSX Type S which was a nice car. It ran very well, it was quick, and even after 7 years looked great! Still, it was time for a new car. All wheel drive, 265hp, nice grunty sound, four doors - SIGN ME UP.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. Here's a pic of my new baby.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Congrats on the '09.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

congrats on the 09

I just bought one in February and love it. If have done some simple mods if you are thinking about modifying it at all, any accesport questions I would be happy to answer as well.

Congrats and welcome to the club. A simple mod to make it even better, get a short throw shifter setup and shifter bushings. Makes a huge difference in the feel and the travel from 1st to 2nd is now 3".

Congrats! My old 2001 integra looked like crap when I got rid of it for my 09 WRX, I'll do better.

Also, I got the bad engine, just blew up on me yesterday at 14,000 miles.

Congrats! Great color choice.
    2009 DGM WRX 5-door w/ STI short shifter. Stock...for now.

Wow such a warm welcome!

As of right now, I only have a few things planned. Kenwood 9140, hardwired radar detector, and shifter bushings are all on the list and should be waiting for me when I get home.

I'm a tinkerer at heart so I wouldn't doubt more is to come but I am trying to keep this one as stock as possible!