Help on TPMS

This is a discussion on Help on TPMS within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; K guys heres my problem, ive just purchased this used TenzoR type m wheels through internet.The wheels was came off ...

Help on TPMS

K guys heres my problem, ive just purchased this used TenzoR type m wheels through internet.The wheels was came off from 07 sti.The day ive got the wheels i installed right away and did a test drive to the freeway.I was amazed i didn't feel any vibration after pulling 90 mph.so i drove back home, before exiting the freeway i noticed that the "Tire Pressure sensor light Came on".i wasnt worried for awhile thinking im just low on air.So i stop to gas station and check.I check 4 tires and they were perfectly fine front/rear 33/32 psi. So i call the guy were i purchased my wheels and ask if he had any issue on the wheels on his 07 sti.And he said "No" and his not even aware if he had a tire pressure sensor on the car.
    And Top off that this my first car that has a sensor so i have no idea whts goin on.. So tell me fellows did i do something wrong b4 or after i installed the wheels?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you install TPMS sensors in the new wheels? If not you'll get that error. I have winter wheels/tires with no TPMS sensors , and it's just an annoying thing during the winter, once the original summer tires were put back on it went away

tpms

Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    Did you install TPMS sensors in the new wheels?
    lmao.......nope..my stock wheels is history already,gone,no mas.

i call the dealer today charging me less than $500 for a new tpms. Discount tire charging me $300..
    I think i should leave it like that? or is there any way to turn it off or reset it?

There is no way I know of to turn it off, I wish there was because in winter it's just annoying as heck. One person I talked to suggested taping over that light on the dashboard, but that's not my idea of a good solution. For me with the winter tires, I only have them on like 4-5 months of the year, so not a huge deal.