08 springs!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 08 springs! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Question? STi Performance Springs For Impreza WRX 2008! Is it possible to fit for 09 wrx? Im just curious coz ...

08 springs!

Question?
    STi Performance Springs For Impreza WRX 2008! Is it possible to fit for 09 wrx?

Im just curious coz alot of aftermarket springs says "it fits 2008-2009"
    And wht's the best drop to choose?
    1.5 - 1.3
    1.4 - 1.2
    1.1 - 1.1
    1.5 - 1.6 & etc........

P.S. can sum1 post a pic of a lowered wrx 08 or 09 sedan.
    thanks guys peace out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If i were you, i'd wait save up a little more and get a coilover you can adjust. Then you wont hit yourself in the head after you lower it and still have a inch gap

2008 SPT springs

I'm still researching springs for my 09. Do you want to go harder or softer than the stock 09 springs?

The 2008 Pink STi Coil Springs for the WRX are only about 25% stiffer than the stock 08 springs. Drop is only 10mm.

The stock 2009 spings are about 43% stiffer than the stock 08.

springs rates for 08, f/r 151/140 #/"; for 09, 216/193
    the 08/09 Suspension/Brake reference

There are a lot of spring vendors out there for the 08-09, problem is not many list what their spring rates are. Most will list what the drop is.

Here's a tread with some good pics of a 08 that has H&R springs and bigger tires.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...-mods-now.html

H&R drop f1.4, r1.3, #54462, I some e-mails out about what the spring rates are. hers another pic:
    http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha...1529_large.jpg

Found a good price for H&R's at H&R Sport Springs 2008+ Subaru Impreza WRX - P/N: 54462

Thanks 4 the Info bro. The links tht u provide it helps alot!
    but as much as possible i need some more info. on d STi performance springs for impreza wrx 08 if its ok to put it on d 09's.
    I ask one of the closest subaru dealer in my place and they can't guarante if its ok.

??

So you want to put softer springs on your 09 than what you already have?? I think they would fit because all the spring vendors list the same ones for 08 or 09.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.