Noobtastic question.... :P

This is a discussion on Noobtastic question.... :P within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, hope everything is well..... anyways, i was just wondering, would a lonely front strut bar do anything at all ...

Noobtastic question.... :P

Hello, hope everything is well.....

anyways, i was just wondering, would a lonely front strut bar do anything at all on 5dr? Just got got my front strut bar from subaru stil waiting on the rear one, would putting it in by itself do anything? btw rear and front sway bars go in in a week!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's been long discussed on the 02-07s that the strut brace doesn't do much of anything in the front, but makes a difference in the rear. Some people install them just for looks though!

It hasn't been really talked about with the 08/09s. It's like we took two steps back in the tuning world with you all because they changed the platform so much.

Install them separately, and do a before and after "Butt Dyno" test. Then let us know how you feel about them!

The Anti-sway/Anti-roll bars... those will make a world of difference. You'll love them.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

damn dude you are frekin' QUICK....

ok, ill try the dyno thingy and let you know...

lol, its just that my car is bone stock right now and i'm getting all the mods i've ordered by filtation, the front strut bar arrived today and the instructions are tard proof i kinda just wanted to put em on by myself.... wondering if it would mess something up, lol

as always, thanks so much!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carloslekak View Post
    damn dude you are frekin' QUICK....

ok, ill try the dyno thingy and let you know...

lol, its just that my car is bone stock right now and i'm getting all the mods i've ordered by filtation, the front strut bar arrived today and the instructions are tard proof i kinda just wanted to put em on by myself.... wondering if it would mess something up, lol

as always, thanks so much!

Lol.. I hope you know what i meant by butt dyno

It's pretty much ID10T proof. Just unbolt 3 on each side, and rebolt them. Possibly bend an AC line out of the way depending on brand. That's it.

Let us know if you feel a difference!! 99% of the info on here is learned from other's experiences
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

lol, tbh no, at the time i read it i didnt know what a butt dyno was, although i do know what a dyno is..... on your reply you said butt dyno with a smily, so i inferred its just riding the car(with your butt in it..) out and see if theres a difference....

am i right? lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carloslekak View Post
    lol, tbh no, at the time i read it i didnt know what a butt dyno was, although i do know what a dyno is..... on your reply you said butt dyno with a smily, so i inferred its just riding the car(with your butt in it..) out and see if theres a difference....

am i right? lol
    hahaha

Exactly. Just tell us if it feels like it performs better!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

so after a whopping 7 minute installation, im sooo excited my spt front strut bar is on!!! i know its not a big deal but its the first "mod", on my baby and i did it myself! cant test it right now its really rainy but ill report later on any actual results as far as "different" goes...

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

hmmm I cant say I felt a difference with the front bar on my 03 but a little with the rear. Just as Sinister said though the anti sways made a huge difference

Congrats on your first mod now that I think about it, that was the first "mod" I did by myself too! But now at this point I believe I have pulled and installed everything but the block
    Carpe Diem!

My 03 Bugeye is cooler than your mom

Bugeye Mafia #222

aight so got up this morning and drove to work.... I can't say its a totally different car or anything like that but it does kinda feel a bit tighter over bumps and non-aggressive turns, btw mines an 08...

God, i cant wait till saturday, it's gonna be like going into the dealer and walking out with different car... Front and back sway bars go in so does the boost gauge and the invidia n1 CB... CANT WAIT!!