First Post!

This is a discussion on First Post! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi! First post. Looking for a daily driver that will last and be good through a Canadian winter. Never looked ...

First Post!

Hi!
    First post. Looking for a daily driver that will last and be good through a Canadian winter. Never looked at Subaru because I remember the STI before 50k CDN (too much) until friends told me the WRX dropped in price to 29.9k. I plan on testing it tonight after work. Cross shopping with a Civic Si (cheapest) and a VW GTI.

Is the WRX a hot target for thieves? I will be leaving this at a public lot for 7-8 hours a day. I don't blame to mod it except for coilovers later on and a turbo timer right away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 02m3smg View Post
    Hi!
    First post. Looking for a daily driver that will last and be good through a Canadian winter. Never looked at Subaru because I remember the STI before 50k CDN (too much) until friends told me the WRX dropped in price to 29.9k. I plan on testing it tonight after work. Cross shopping with a Civic Si (cheapest) and a VW GTI.

Is the WRX a hot target for thieves? I will be leaving this at a public lot for 7-8 hours a day. I don't blame to mod it except for coilovers later on and a turbo timer right away.
    The Civic has always been on the Top 10 lists of cars frequently stolen. I have never heard of WRX's being stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Donor View Post
    The Civic has always been on the Top 10 lists of cars frequently stolen. I have never heard of WRX's being stolen.
    Just stay away for New Jersey, and you'll be fine

02m3smg, welcome to ClubWRX!
    The WRX is perfect as a daily driver, and for the Canadian winters.
    If you're looking to get a new one (09+) then you'll need to buy some winter tires, because the stock tires are summer only. Other than that they are ready for anything.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 05-26-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks. What's the off-set on the 09s? I have a set of 5x114.3 toyota steelies on 225/45/17 winters, too wide?

Registered User StiMetalhead666's Avatar
    225 are plenty good for winter their stock on the stis and u have awd

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!