What are the right parts?

This is a discussion on What are the right parts? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, all subaru enthusiusts I have an 05 WRX limited. In Oct i installed an Injen sri and it sounds ...

Question What are the right parts?

Hey, all subaru enthusiusts I have an 05 WRX limited. In Oct i installed an Injen sri and it sounds great. I have a few questions since I am kinda a newb to the wrx tuning and modifying.

I was thinking of purchasing an injen catback exhaust for my next mod and was wondering after that what the next steps would be toward making my car better performing? Downpipe , uppipe for turbo back? fm intercooler? cobb accessport?

Im looking to possibly reach close to 280hp with stock turbo and stock engine and then Ill be done modifying because I will eventually sell this wrx and get an STI.

What parts and tuning would you recommend doing to get close that hp?
    Thanks, Jesse T.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    turbo back exhaust, catless uppipe, & a stage 2 OTS map from cobb will give you about 220-230ish to the wheels.

280whp on a stock turbo is practically impossible as far as i know
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 05-19-2009 at 05:42 PM.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Smile thanks

Yeah I thought I read that before that you can get above 230 without upgrading the turbo or the engine. Thanks. I will be buying that catback system soon then working on getting the downpipe, catless uppipe, and other parts eventually.

Wishing parts were cheaper. Or I was richer. Someday.

Thanks for your help.

Later, Jesse