how many miles is to much
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on how many miles is to much within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i am looking for a used wrx and i was found one but it is a 03 and has 104,000 ...

how many miles is to much

i am looking for a used wrx and i was found one but it is a 03 and has 104,000 miles on it. is that to much?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

I have an 02 with almost 99K on it.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

I Support ClubWRX
    It largely depends on how the car was driven and maintained. I'd recommend downloading or somehow getting your hands on the owner's manual for the car you're interested in, since it has the service schedule inside. At that age the car should have had three coolant and brake fluid flushes, three gearbox and differential fluid changes, and anywhere from 15 to 35 oil changes plus expendables (filters, pads, tyres, etc.). Plus, it is due for a timing belt change at 105,000. Has all this stuff been done, and done correctly with the correct parts specified by Subaru?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i have a my98 uk classic with 170,000 miles still on the original engine and gearbox. just make sure its got plenty of history . if its modded make sure its been done by a reputable tuner with loads of reciepts for work carried out.

if in any doubt walk away, i made a mistake buying my first scoob cost me a small fortune to put it right
    terzo 282 of 333 uk special edition
    352bhp/332ft/lbs

well that one is on cars.com for $9,995. do you guys think that is to much?

I Support ClubWRX
    It is not the car you are buying, even though the seller and many buyers think so. Don't pay for a car. Pay for the service history. Look over all the receipts and make sure everything is there, and everything was done with the correct parts specified by the manufacturer.

Values in each area can vary. Check out what similar cars typically go for in your area. However, don't shop for a typical car. Shop for the best car in your area. This is the car that is the best maintained in a documented manner.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

so would i just ask the dealership if everything has been changed and stuff? or how would i know

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy90 View Post
    so would i just ask the dealership if everything has been changed and stuff? or how would i know
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    ...the best maintained in a documented manner.
    Black and white. Receipts. With dates and parts listed. If you are buying from a dealership, they should be able to generate a record of all recall work done plus all work they performed at that dealership. if you are buying from a private individual, they should have all receipts for all work performed anywhere at any time.

so if they cant show me that stuff i shouldnt get it?

I Support ClubWRX
    so if they cant show me that stuff i shouldnt get it?
    I can't answer this, it's a judgement call. I prefer cars with full service histories, authentic parts used, and ideally valid warranties. Others do not.

before i get to drawn into a wrx (even though im still going to get it hopefully) i was just wondering how much insurance usually is. i am only 19 but the car will be under my parents name but will also be a driver. it shouldnt be over 200 should it?

I Support ClubWRX
    before i get to drawn into a wrx (even though im still going to get it hopefully) i was just wondering how much insurance usually is. i am only 19 but the car will be under my parents name but will also be a driver. it shouldnt be over 200 should it?
    Your insurance agent is the only person that can answer this correctly since your circumstances, region, and history are all unique.

well i just got a insurance quote for a wrx and im 17 and it was 109 a month for full coverage and me being a driver on my parents insurance if that gives u a idea..

young person with an STi = murder, WRX not so much by the books. I'm 24 and pay $40 a month for a car with no front bumper and double the whp car started with.. lol@at my insurance.
    ...but lol@me if i break anything I didnt tell them about.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

Quote Originally Posted by iisjohndc View Post
    well i just got a insurance quote for a wrx and im 17 and it was 109 a month for full coverage and me being a driver on my parents insurance if that gives u a idea..
    so your just under there car insurance or what because i am under there car insurance and my insurance is still 120 for a 94 mazda protege and thats not even full coverage.

and to the other guy ya i know thats why i am not getting a sti yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast