New Owner

This is a discussion on New Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, my name is matt and i live in albany new york. After a long car search i finally ...

New Owner

Hello everyone, my name is matt and i live in albany new york. After a long car search i finally found a 2006 limited wrx with about 17,000 miles on it. im planning on putting all my extra money in it and i was wondering what mods i should start with and where i should go from there. Thanks

-matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the purchase! Any pics yet?

start off with simple things, intake, exhasut, bov, cosmetics, then work your way up to bigger turbos, ecu, coil overs, boost controllers, racing clutch, takes time and money but worth it if you love the subaru

congrats! i would go in a different direction than the previous post. look into getting an accessport from cobb tuning, then get a downpipe or full turboback exhaust to complete stage 2. you notice a huge difference in power. then move onto suspension and brakes to handle the beast your creating. than from there its all up to you on how far you want to take your car from there. most people are more than satisfied with stage 2. you should stay away from CAI(cold air intake) and BOV(blow off valve) because for the most part they cause problems with subies unless they are tuned for it. with that said congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum, and remember to read the stickies and use the search button.
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to ClubWRX. To become a vendor, please contact the site administrator, Tim (BlazinWRX). Commercial posts and links edited.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Welcome!!

I agree with falkonsti, I would work your way up to a stage 2 first then go from there. Cobb being the easiest and most convenient although there are other EM choices available. Remember to support your mods with a good tune to get the most out of your car.

aherrm17, If your car is not tuned for your mods read This if it is, then disregard. Don't want you to damage your car just to hear a "whooooshhh"
    Carpe Diem!

My 03 Bugeye is cooler than your mom

Bugeye Mafia #222

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aherrm17 View Post
    start off with simple things, intake, exhasut, bov, cosmetics, then work your way up to bigger turbos, ecu, coil overs, boost controllers, racing clutch, takes time and money but worth it if you love the subaru

not trying to be mean but if you dont really know too much about modding subaru's , please do not give advice until further educated.

a BOV is NOT something to start off with.. & boost controllers are not recomended whatsoever.

please (you & the OP)

take the time to read these:

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

Yes, you need an EM for engine mods

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

thanks wrxtreme, those were the stickies i was talking about, but i was too tied to go find them and start my post over again. if you want the whoosh sound than you can do the air baffler(silencer?) delete. its a quick mod and its not detrimental to your cars health.
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    :P

& yes the intake silencer/snorkle delete makes a wonderful wooshing noise & its a free mod!

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/int...=&threadid=113

( yes, i have links for everything )

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered User StiMetalhead666's Avatar
    depends on how much ur willing to spend but if u are just looking for lil stuff id do bov, turbo back exhaust, cold air intake and cobbs tuning

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    :P

( yes, i have links for everything )
    I have noticed that in the time I have been here
    Carpe Diem!

Bugeye Mafia #222

greetings from saratoga...

I have an 06 as well.... you ever need help, let me know, I have already completed many of the mods you will be doing in the near future...

Quote Originally Posted by StiMetalhead666 View Post
    depends on how much ur willing to spend but if u are just looking for lil stuff id do bov, turbo back exhaust, cold air intake and cobbs tuning
    BOV and cold air intakes = bad and as wrxtream06 already said, they are NOT good first mods.

Cobb tuning maps are base maps, if you follow there notes exactly and use the intended map you will have a better chance of not damaging your car. It you put on say a stage 2 map and also have a BOV and CAI chance are you are killing your car from the inside out.

Mods + ProTune = good day.

To the OP, Cobb tuning maps are controlled by a Cobb AP. It is an easy to use popular engine managment system. (just making sure you know)
    Carpe Diem!

Bugeye Mafia #222