just got the 09 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on just got the 09 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to introduce myself .Im new to forum but not new to wrx. I had a 02 wrx back ...

just got the 09 wrx

Just wanted to introduce myself .Im new to forum but not new to wrx. I had a 02 wrx back in 03 that was about stage 3 1/2 or 4 Then sold it .went to a civic coupe sold that,Then bought an 08 wrx had it for a year then traded it in for the 09(wagon).After the changes they did to the 09 vs the 08 i couldn't help myself. I think im just going to do some minor bolt-ons, turbo back, cai ,cobb.Not sure we'll see..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!

There's lot's to read and learn from. Let me know how those bolt ons go for you. I'm thinking about going Stage one, but I'm waiting for someone else to do it haha. To see what the difference is.
    Grant | Stink Eye-Mob #133 | '09 WRX Premium
    STI Short Shifter, 25mm Front Sway Bar, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks, Perrin Stealth (Black) Turbo back exhaust
    Pictures of My WRX http://www.flickr.com/photos/37962357@N02/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mase33 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

There's lot's to read and learn from. Let me know how those bolt ons go for you. I'm thinking about going Stage one, but I'm waiting for someone else to do it haha. To see what the difference is.
    He just said that he had a fairly modified WRX. I'm hoping he's already learned by now

Welcome to the club!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Welcome to the forum!

I always say im going to just add one little thing .THen another and another .So in about a month it might be a different story.I have a AEM cai now .It is alright i can hear it sucking the crap out of air .Maybe i'll add a cat-back but that might become a turbo-back and then a cobb stage one or two . I know that cobb stage two is a good upgrade for the 09 WRX..I'll let u know if i add anything else and u like wise.

Welcome to the forum!

im running stage 1 with the Cobb AP on my 09 wrx and it is awesome! Still very driveable and the performance is great. Clocked a 4.5 0-60mph time on my AP, I know its not as accurate as the strip but its still super fun!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

stage 1

0-60 in 4.5 any other mods?

I did the short throw shifter and cat back so far which really changed the whole character of the car. The 42 HP increase for stage 1 on a stock car is temping but I'm waiting to see if my engine will last or not. Here's a good article on CAI which I would like to do also.
    Harman Motive Blog 2007 STI Intake Test - Harman Motive Style
    Last edited by wrxmike09; 05-15-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Good info on the intakes .I think im going to wait on any other mods for now although +40 HP sounds pretty good.

so you dont need a tune then? cause several people told me if i got an intake that you need a tune with it. I was looking at either the AEM or the Perrin. I know perrin says on their site its fine to use with the stock ecu tune.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rangeraic View Post
    so you dont need a tune then? cause several people told me if i got an intake that you need a tune with it. I was looking at either the AEM or the Perrin. I know perrin says on their site its fine to use with the stock ecu tune.
    it depends on the intake. some of them will mess with your a/f ratio & a tune will help correct this & give you a little power gain.

some intakes are said to not hinder anything at all. (i have a turboxs one that i ran with just my catback for 7 months before i went stage 2.. no problems from what i noticed)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by casafortner View Post
    Good info on the intakes .I think im going to wait on any other mods for now although +40 HP sounds pretty good.
    At least do the short throw shifter with replacement bushing front and rear, it makes a huge difference in the feel of the shifter and the travel from 1st to 2nd gear is only 3".

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike09 View Post
    At least do the short throw shifter with replacement bushing front and rear, it makes a huge difference in the feel of the shifter and the travel from 1st to 2nd gear is only 3".

If you get the short throw shifter, do you need to get the bushings done with it? If you go with the shifter option from new, do they automatically do the bushings or do you need to request it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by exsterminator View Post
    If you get the short throw shifter, do you need to get the bushings done with it? If you go with the shifter option from new, do they automatically do the bushings or do you need to request it?
    The short throw shifter assembly that is an option from the factory comes as a whole assembly. They have front bushings, but I don't believe rear.

Most people don't like the short throw from the factory because it is costly, and doesn't perform as well as other short throw shifters.

If you buy a Cobb / Kartboy short throw shifter, then you can do both front and rear bushings, and most people recommend it.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by exsterminator View Post

If you get the SPT short throw shifter option on a new car it comes with the new front bushing as part of the kit. The rear bushing is a seperate SPT part they may need to order, B0220FG300

Anyone have the AEM Cold Air Intake-2008-09 WRX/STI

AEM CAI on their car now? Does it cause that annoying check engine light or is it actually as good as the reviews say?
    Grant | Stink Eye-Mob #133 | '09 WRX Premium
    STI Short Shifter, 25mm Front Sway Bar, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks, Perrin Stealth (Black) Turbo back exhaust
    Pictures of My WRX http://www.flickr.com/photos/37962357@N02/

I Support ClubWRX
    Anyone have the AEM Cold Air Intake-2008-09 WRX/STI

AEM CAI on their car now? Does it cause that annoying check engine light or is it actually as good as the reviews say?
    ... You'll probably get better feedback if you don't post in someone elses thread.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast