How are Subabru dealers with negitiations?

This is a discussion on How are Subabru dealers with negitiations? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. I just signed up. I am a long time lover of the WRX. I have always driven Toyota ...

How are Subabru dealers with negitiations?

Hey guys. I just signed up. I am a long time lover of the WRX. I have always driven Toyota trucks and SUVs and last year when I got married my wife has really been hinting about wanting my 2004 4 Runner. I am happy because I finally am in a spot where I can have 2 vehicles. Before I havent owned a WRX because of the need for a truck/SUV. Now I can have both and am finally considering pulling the trigger on an 09 WRX.

When the time comes to buy what can I expect to pay here in Atlanta? The base WRX stickers at $25k and the WRX w/ Premium package stickers near 28k. Given the car business these days are Subaru dealers desperate like the others and willing to deal or is Subaru in good enough shape to demand sticker?

What input might you all be willing to offer? I am really jonesing for a WRX!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First of all Welcome!

Secondly, I paid around 26k for my premium WRX I got them down to 5% below invoice which I thought to be pretty good. If the dealers in ATL are at all like they are around here then they are desperate to get a sale.

I gave them exactly want I wanted on my car and they found it within a week.
    Grant | Stink Eye-Mob #133 | '09 WRX Premium
    STI Short Shifter, 25mm Front Sway Bar, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks, Perrin Stealth (Black) Turbo back exhaust
    Pictures of My WRX http://www.flickr.com/photos/37962357@N02/

Thanks for the reply Maze! I think I'd be cool with the base model so maybe that puts me around 23k.

I will have to figure out if I want to srping the extra 3K for premium package.

I certainly appreciate modifying things, but a car is one thing I wont mod. I'd keep mine bone stock and use it as my daily driver. Given that I'd likely experience great longivity and few problems hopefully.

How are these cars on maintainence? ie. anything special I'd want to know about that might be different from owning and maintaining most other cars?

Quote Originally Posted by gkallen View Post
    How are these cars on maintainence? ie. anything special I'd want to know about that might be different from owning and maintaining most other cars?
    I have only had mine for a little over 700 miles. I haven't had any problems. I was told that going with a synthetic oil might be a good option, but I still haven't done that. There have been some problems with the engines during a specific build period that I can't recall off the top of my head, but I think if you buy one now you should be safe.

The only reason I got the premium package was because the cold weather package is almost necessary in Chicagoland.
    Grant | Stink Eye-Mob #133 | '09 WRX Premium
    STI Short Shifter, 25mm Front Sway Bar, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks, Perrin Stealth (Black) Turbo back exhaust
    Pictures of My WRX http://www.flickr.com/photos/37962357@N02/