New 04 wrx owner

This is a discussion on New 04 wrx owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all my name is James I just picked my 04 wrx up yesterday. Drove about 100 miles so far. ...

New 04 wrx owner

Hello all my name is James I just picked my 04 wrx up yesterday. Drove about 100 miles so far. Wish i would have bought one sooner these cars are great. Ill post some pictures when i take them. Are there any free mods you can do to the car to get alittle more power out of it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jriddle26 View Post
    Hello all my name is James I just picked my 04 wrx up yesterday. Drove about 100 miles so far. Wish i would have bought one sooner these cars are great. Ill post some pictures when i take them. Are there any free mods you can do to the car to get alittle more power out of it?
    Not free, but for under a grand you can make her haul ass!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

A new up pipe (catless), 3" turbo back, high flow drop in filter, snorkus delete (do a search) and either a cobb ap or open soarce tune, and you will be stage 2 and close to sti power!! 285-290 crank horse power sound good to you?
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx-auto-x View Post
    A new up pipe (catless), 3" turbo back, high flow drop in filter, snorkus delete (do a search) and either a cobb ap or open soarce tune, and you will be stage 2 and close to sti power!! 285-290 crank horse power sound good to you?
    Stay away from Snorkus delete in my opinion. You lose the "ram air" effect if you don't replace the snorkus with an elbow, and if you do replace it with an elbow, you can end up with water, and more debris in your intake. There's a reason for that snorkus... to prevent water ingestion, catch large debris (leaves, etc) and to quiet the intake tract.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Thanks for the info on getting more power. where i live i would only be able to go with just a catback exhaust so that the car can pass emissions. I know i read not to change the bov out with a stock car but can i change out to a short ram intake or a cold air intake without problems

Here is a pic of the car

Welcome, nice car you got there...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #0136
    OBP '07 WRX TR tuned by Racing Trenz
    239whp 330.7wtq Corn fed