Finally got the scooby

This is a discussion on Finally got the scooby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 02 WRX silver 5speed, been reading about them for mounths, every review you could pull up on a Google search ...

Finally got the scooby

02 WRX silver 5speed,

been reading about them for mounths, every review you could pull up on a Google search (edmunds,motortrend long-term)

brought it from the a dealer 7K with 104K,
    pretty clean new fuel and air filter looks like its been taken care of all belts have the subaru logo on them idk if that means hes gotten them always serviced at a subaru dealership,

already learned alot about TBE's and accesporting just need to get the money for it

been driving it for two days already starting to like it, ill love it by the end of the week,

just wanna give thanks to all the members here on clubwrx all your post help me make a good choice on a vehicle and helping me make good choices with the vehicle
    Silver 02 WRX Stock
    TBE coming soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome and bugeye FTW!

i think by the end of the summer you will be in love with your suby and come mid winter you will probly never want another car in your life.(as long as you have a good set of winter tires) this past winter was the first one for me and my bugeye with some good tires and it felt so safe and secure in the snow i just loved every moment that i could drive it and i still do.

Love to see some pics.

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome. Got any pics?
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Almost one week

Tommrow will be one week with the bugeye,

also thank you for your reply both of you,

yeah since ive had it i washed it twice and vacummed it three times(its been raining alot =/),

i deffiently dont want to take it for granted my frist really nice car (third all together) and im fortunate that i was able to get it at 17 years old, took a while to save up for the down payment,

only thing that bothers me is that with 104k on im assuming stock clutch, it started slipping today so ill be taking it to a all subaru shop by my house tomrrow morning, if there charging too much ill just do it myself, the only reason im having them do it is that im pressed for time i need the car for an important event

i havent gotten around to take any pictures yet even for myspace but with your interest ill take some and haven em up tomrrow

thanks for the support
    Silver 02 WRX Stock
    TBE coming soon

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Its great to hear your in a subie now! Keep us all posted on what you do to it. Glad you came on and found the info you were looking for. This forum is a great place for it. Well, Enjoy your Subie!!

Post up those pics too!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

+1 on the pics.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

congrats and welcome to the club!

C.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

welcome to the owners side of the club, and good choice on the bugeye. i have an 02 also. take good care of that car and it will take good care of you.
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

thanks

well thanks for all the support and replys,

i should be getting the car back today from the shop, thats the only reason i havent been able to take the pics, the guy told me today it would be done but if not tomrrow morning the absolute latest. I called yesterday (i dropped off the car monday) he said that the parts came so he was gonna get working on it. When i dropped off the car i had told him that to give the car a once over since i just got it. When i called him yesterday he told me that were somethings that should come to my attention about the vehicle and i told him just to compile a list and we'll work from there.

So the pics will be comming today hopefully depening on what time i get the car if i do get it back today. Also ill type out the list he compiled so you guys can tell me what you think.

Again thanks for the support
    Silver 02 WRX Stock
    TBE coming soon

Good stuff man...congrats!

List up what he tells you needs replacing or fixing and we'll try to figure out if he's trying to take you for a ride or not

Out of curiosity, where in "upstate NY" are you? I'm originally from Lake Luzerne (near Lake George)...good mountain driving roads!!
    Last edited by Sooby-Doo; 05-13-2009 at 06:15 AM.
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the Scooby and Welcome
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

got her backk

so i got her back today and jesus the world of difference,
    not use to that clutch at ALL,
    really like the guy said its a "day and night" difference in the pedal and the way she acts,
    take offs are smoother but still trying to learn them,
    down shifts are godlike so im geninuely happy,
    he said along with the new clutch, pressure plate, throughout bearing, pilot bearing, flywheel, he also replaced the rear main seal(the one by the crank spline) and also resealed the seperator plate.

the list he said that needs to be done is,
    more oil (which he topped off)
    more power steering (he topped off)
    brakes are about 35% should be done in two oil changes
    two tires are differnt(there not bridgestone potenzas which i didnt realize when i brought it and now im kinda pissed but w.e)
    the car is at 104600 and subaru said timming belt change at 105k so i need to get that done, and he said something about a little seepage at the cam shaft seals? im not sure exactly what he was talking about the paper is in my car and im to lazy to get it but yeah he gave me a fair price to do it all but im prolly just gonna tackle that one myself (timming belt change) but other then that she said shes pretty solid
    also air filter change (he said to do that myself0
    he checked tire pressure
    topped off coolant he said it was a good color and good shape

i mean overall im pretty happpy with the car now only time will tell if it was a job well done, im pretty comfortable with the guy who dose the actual work hes young, he actaully has his first gen impreza with sti motor and tranny all that good stuff.

but i will be taking pictures tomrrow morning and haven them on here and finally for my myspace too.
    again thanks for the support
    Silver 02 WRX Stock
    TBE coming soon