New Member currently looking for 1st Subaru
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Member currently looking for 1st Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I'm new here (obviously) and just wanted to say whats up I guess. I don't ACTUALLY have a ...

New Member currently looking for 1st Subaru

Hey everyone, I'm new here (obviously) and just wanted to say whats up I guess. I don't ACTUALLY have a Subaru yet, but I'm currently searching for a 2002 WRX in the San Diego area. If anyone has any sort of advice or tips that would be great. Oh and has anyone ever dealt with Miramar Motorsports before? They seem to be moving a lot of Subbies and I'm just wondering if they are a reliable dealer. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My advice is to due your homework on the cars you are seriously interested in. IMO, the best case scenario would be to find a low mileage example that was well cared for, by the original owner. No radical modifications, all of the major service intervals performed by either Subaru, or a highly trained mechanic. I've found that my 2002 WRX (124,000 miles and counting) has held up extremely well by simply changing the oil, rotating the tires, and performing all of the major services.

Best of luck with your search.

-Shadow
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

I don't know how it is over there, but here, except in brand new conditions, used WRX's or STi's are hard to find. I had to look for a while, I hope you don't have to. A low mileage one might be hard to find.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.