Hey Guys

This is a discussion on Hey Guys within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey whats up? As you can guess I'm new here, but I do not own a WRX right now. Im ...

Hey Guys

Hey whats up?

As you can guess I'm new here, but I do not own a WRX right now.

Im going to check one out again on Monday (2004 wrx, 97k on it) and Im a little worried about it. I've never bought a car from a stealership before but Ive heard all of the horror stories. I drove the car for a bit and it seemed fine to me, shifted fine, has great acceleration, no crazy sounds, no smoke so now im going back again to possibly pick it up.

I know there are plenty of "what to look for when buying a used WRX" threads and sites on the internets and what not.

So basically if anyone has anymore advice or anything would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
    -Phorscythe-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

too many miles IMO
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

DUB
    I would keep looking if I were you. Don't settle because you want it now.
    You should be able to find one w/ much lower miles if you are patient.
    Also, I prefer to buy a used car from a private party rather than a dealer, but that is just my opinion.
    Actually, it was all just my opinion.

Every one knows the Scooby lump is hard as nials and IMO if this has had no modifications should not be a problem.

Obviously having driven one for the first time then you will automatically feel the urge to seperate yourself from your money the trick is are you getting a good deal.

Me personally would wait a few weeks speak to people here who know Scoobs inside out and the chances are someone near you will be a member on the forum and have a much better understanding of what is good bad and ugly.

For example I had my crank pulley go on my classic which unfortunatley killed the woodruf key and the inner crank seal and pretty much killed the engine.

However being part of a UK forum the guys I knew got together their spares and fitted them today.

garage quoted me over 1000 to fix my friends quoted me a bacon Baugette.

I have not known them for years and are best friends just like minded entusiasts who love Jap Cars.

Parts in total would have been 600 atleast all given freely thats what forums are about.

Get to know a few people and get someone to have a drive that already owns one they will tell you almost straight away if it's a good deal or not.

If I lived near you I would cos your part of a community now it's a shame I am in the UK.

Oaks

Peace !!
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery