09 WRX, what should I do first? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 09 WRX, what should I do first? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TheCrusher ...don't do anything. Seriously. No one seems to know how to tune the 09's just yet, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post
    ...don't do anything. Seriously. No one seems to know how to tune the 09's just yet, So I'm sticking to S.P.T cat-back, shifter and various other parts that don't compromise my warranty.

What makes you say no one knows how to tune the 09's? They have the exact same engine as the 06+ and the same engine configuration as the 08... the only difference in the engine bay is the turbo.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post

What makes you say no one knows how to tune the 09's? They have the exact same engine as the 06+ and the same engine configuration as the 08... the only difference in the engine bay is the turbo.

I'd say the turbo charger is a pretty big part to change. And if it's identical, why hasn't Subaru Performance Tuning released an induction kit for 08 and 09? Are the 06's reporting problems with throwing rods and compromised ring lands? Too many variables on a brand new car. I'm going to let someone else experiment on their shop WRX first. Stick with the SPT parts, just in case.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusher View Post

I'd say the turbo charger is a pretty big part to change. And if it's identical, why hasn't Subaru Performance Tuning released an induction kit for 08 and 09? Are the 06's reporting problems with throwing rods and compromised ring lands? Too many variables on a brand new car. I'm going to let someone else experiment on their shop WRX first. Stick with the SPT parts, just in case.
    The difference was the bearings that they changed, that has absolutely nothing to do with the aftermarket industry.

Subaru changed the intake tract on the 08/09 as well. It's along the lines of the Legacy GT's 2.5T, but since they've been well modded for years, the support is out there.

Subaru has publicly said that the SPT line is going downhill because they don't support modifying vehicles. All they are releasing for the 08+ is a SPT Catback. They have no plans to add to this. But there is rumor that Blitz is working with them on power parts, but this is purely rumor. We'll see...
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque Solution View Post
    Vending reference removed
    Please explore our rules in the faq section near the top of every page as we don't allow advertising and/or linking to businesses that are not official club vendors.

If you would like to become a vendor, you can private message BlazinWRX and click on the "Advertise on ClubWRX" link located under the top ad banner on every page.

Otherwise, you need to delete the website in your sig.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 05-03-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll vend your mom

That was a really weird vending post... Pretty comical.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Thanks for the input everyone, for now I'm just going to get the short shifter. Stock shifter is funky loose. Seems I have a lot of research to do, going from a naturally aspirated 6 to a turbo 4 and throw in the awd. lots to get use to while I find out exactly what I can and can't do in the car. Also not sure if the snow tires I have now are going to work on the subbie, so i might be saving up for a whole new tire and rim winter package. really gald I found this site and looking forward to getting to know some cool subaru people.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have used 3 different dealerships for warranty issues. None has cared about the AccessPORT, and 2 of them had to deal with the ECU on the warranty claims.

One thing you must understand about a dealership... They don't want to deny warranty claims. They get paid for them. It's Subaru of America that pays them, and SOA is the one losing money. The dealership makes money whether it's in or out of warranty. The serious things they are required to have SOA look over.. basically anything major in the drivetrain, etc. The stuff that's going to give SOA a big hole in their pocket At that point.. that's when you're going to have warranty issues.

Having an AccessPORT is only going to get warranty service denied by the biggest of ass hole service managers.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

intake

I have a 2009 wrx sedan and I recently tried an aem intake and felt like something was wrong with the air/fuel mixture i took it off today and it definetily runs better without the intake. I have not found out much about 2009's it is too early to find anything online!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    Having an AccessPORT is only going to get warranty service denied by the biggest of ass hole service managers.
    Like our local one
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

suspension!

do some suspension work first! you just bought the carget used to its power capabilites and yes technically you shouldnt be beating on the motor just quite yet anyways. rex's handle like they are on rails but as soon as you stiffen up yr suspension you can take almost any turn at almost anyspend with some stiff sway bars and nice firm spring strut combo plus you'll be looking alot sicker than stock.

also...

idk if this is true for newer rex's but subies don't have the nicest brakes. aka they fade quick so rotors and pads and such a good investment as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd recommend 09 owners interested in sport seriously read this thread very closely:
    Project Hatch (aka project grocery getter part II)
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Like our local one
    Are you kidding me? That's ridiculous.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.