bugeye project

This is a discussion on bugeye project within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm still pretty new but I bought an 02 wrx a while back (it was a salvage car for 00 ...

bugeye project

I'm still pretty new but I bought an 02 wrx a while back (it was a salvage car for $1500 couldnt pass it up) but never posted pics of it so here they are. Its a project so its gonna b a while before its done. So far ive bought radiator, turbo, exhaust, wheels, hood, ac condenser, tmic...yeah I think thats it for now. Still need a bpv, radiator support (which is extremely hard to find), front bumper, bumper reinforcement, couple subframe parts, and couple pipes and such.

Last edited by ncsergio2187; 05-01-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added pics instead of the link

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WOW...those pics hurt to look at....that FMIC is alot of money down the pisser

OUCH! you sure the motor is ok? It at least had to have damaged the pulleys.

I wouldn't be able to pass that up either, I would have waaayyy to much fun putting it all back together. It's like a big erector set, just much faster
    Carpe Diem!

My 03 Bugeye is cooler than your mom

Bugeye Mafia #222

haha i know man, the thing thats killin me is that i live 2 hrs away from the car cause im in college so i rarely get to work on the car. I really dont know if there is engine damage so far all i've taken off is the fmic, I'm waiting to get a couple more parts to hopefully get the engine going.

Awesome project! Is the front drive train ok?

I have a feeling that FMIC was feeding the stock snail.....

yeah the whole thing is stock except tein springs, the front subframe is slightly bent on the front passenger side.

I hope you don't have any suprises..... I.E a front mount without the bumper reinforment usually = bye bye motor.........

Yeah i hope thats not the case if so i might have to part the car out or sell the whole thing cause i wont have the kinda money to buy an engine for it

I Support ClubWRX
    ....Ill buy it for $1500... Ive got the money for the motor.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx View Post
    I hope you don't have any surprises..... I.E a front mount without the bumper reinforcement usually = bye bye motor.........
    +1

I've wanted to do that

It looks like that car hit a pole, do you know what happened?
    Carpe Diem!

My 03 Bugeye is cooler than your mom

Bugeye Mafia #222

nope have no idea, i got it at a car auction and they didnt provide any background info at all. are the subframes on all wrx's the same or is there slight variation?

im not sellin it or parting it out just yet...

These are some pics that I took with my phone, so let me know what you think might be wrong.