downpipe question

This is a discussion on downpipe question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have an invidia downpipe, bellmouth catless for an 02wrx can i bolt it up to stock rear section? do ...

downpipe question

i have an invidia downpipe, bellmouth catless for an 02wrx can i bolt it up to stock rear section? do i have to get a catback now in order to use this??? anyone that can help thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BoXinWRX View Post
    i have an invidia downpipe, bellmouth catless for an 02wrx can i bolt it up to stock rear section? do i have to get a catback now in order to use this??? anyone that can help thanks
    I'm not positive about the Invidia, but I do know that the Cobb DP utilized the doughnut gasket off of your stock exhaust so you could use the new DP with the stock Cat back.

The cat back of the stock exhaust is pretty easy to pull off especially if you haven't changed the hangers. I would just pull out the spring bolts that connect the cat back to the downpipe. (don't they call that second cat on the down pipe the up pipe too? not to be confused with the up pipe that comes off your headers ) drop all the hangers and see if the new Invidia matches up. If it does, GREAT your now halfway to installing the new DP. If it doesn't, well you learned something about your exhaust just a suggestion.
    Carpe Diem!

My 03 Bugeye is cooler than your mom

Bugeye Mafia #222