02 wrx

This is a discussion on 02 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just traded in my modified 02 Hyundai Elantra for a 02 WRX sedan yesterday to complement the rebuild ...

opz

02 wrx

Hey guys, just traded in my modified 02 Hyundai Elantra for a 02 WRX sedan yesterday to complement the rebuild I'm doing on my 240sx.

Don't really have any pics of it, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows what a stock WRB bugeye looks like.

But anyways, got it used with ~54k miles on it for a great price. Seems to be stock except for tail lights but I have suspicions that the car was previously modified.

The only complaint I've had so far is it seems to be quite hard to shift sometimes, almost as if it doesn't like to go into gears (5th mostly), and it randomly pops out of 4th sometimes... I'm trying to research this problem but since there isn't grinding I'm not to worried yet.

My friend had inspected it and said it looked as the tranny was opened before, but hey, its driving right now and no grinding so I'm not worried yet...

But thats my story, so whats goin on guys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi opz! welcome to the club, I'm a pretty new member too but besides the point. Depending on where you bought it from I'm assuming a dealer since you did a trade in. I would defiantly have it looked at (on the dealers check book if at all possible)

There are probably multiple things that are going wrong. One likely is worn gears. I saw this in some of my past cars. The car would pop itself out of gear because the teeth were worn to the point that it couldn't hold on. Being that the tranny looked like it was opened is indeed worrisome.

There could be some thing going on with the clutch but I cant answer that one for you. Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable members will answer that.

If you have a question about a domestic 4x4 I can help a lot . as for imports I'm pretty new to the scene but learning as fast as possible.
    Carpe Diem!

My 03 Bugeye is cooler than your mom

Bugeye Mafia #222

Welcome to the club and congrats on the upgrade! Definately get it checked out, sounds like a clutch or tranny going bad.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

opz
    Thanks guys, I'm taking it back Monday so they can look it over and see whats up.

Here's my post in the transmission forum:

Whats wrong with my trannsmission...
    2002 WRX - STi exhaust + BOV
    1992 240sx - is a lie