04 sti

This is a discussion on 04 sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wassup yall, im from the great state of nc and the city of greensboro"newport city" ! anyway im currently in ...

04 sti

wassup yall,

im from the great state of nc and the city of greensboro"newport city" ! anyway im currently in las vegas by way of the us airforce. i own an 04 sti which i love ...but as of late i have been experiencing sum problems. my intercooler coupler has recently gone bad... so im about to replace my turbo hoses...(i still have the factory tmic) and as of now...it looks like i will have to drive to vivid racing in gilbert az to get my car tuned. i really dont wanna make that drive but i will to keep from getting my car jacked up by folks in the vegas area who dont know what they are doing. anyway...im thinking about a perrin turbo inlet pipe...for the factory turbo...does anyone know about this product......???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by expo336
    it looks like i will have to drive to vivid racing in gilbert az to get my car tuned.
    Vivid has lost their vendor status on all the main Subaru sites for a reason
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by expo336 View Post
    im thinking about a perrin turbo inlet pipe...for the factory turbo...does anyone know about this product......???
    I helped a friend put one on the other week, First make sure you get the right one (he ordered the 3" first ) The install was interesting as well; you have to be pretty crafty to get it in with the manifold still installed.

Is there a reason that you want to change it?
    Carpe Diem!

My 03 Bugeye is cooler than your mom

Bugeye Mafia #222

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    *bangs head on the wall*

I hate how people never bother to research before they spend money.

Never actually buy parts from Vivid Racing (who also owns Nyx Racing and Agency Power), much less actually give them you car....

People frequently reported part theft by them and several entire cars have "disappeared" from their lot over the years.

The only tuner worth 2 ****s in Arizona is Dynocomp. Vivid and Clark Turner have no business putting their greasy fingers anywhere near cars.
    Last edited by brfatal; 04-29-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Aaah!!!!!!!!

well ok thanks for the tip on vivid....but much to my surprise everyone here with a wrx/sti belongs to flat 4, i have been to a couple of meets with them ...(mildly unempressed)..so im kinda in a rock and hard place...

perrin turbo inlet pipe

just wann get rid of all the remaing plastic parts in the engine, what kind of gains did your friend get?

wassup yall,

im from the great state of nc and the city of greensboro"newport city" ! anyway im currently in las vegas by way of the us airforce. i own an 04 sti which i love ...but as of late i have been experiencing sum problems. my intercooler coupler has recently gone bad... so im about to replace my turbo hoses...(i still have the factory tmic) and as of now...it looks like i will have to drive to vivid racing in gilbert az to get my car tuned. i really dont wanna make that drive but i will to keep from getting my car jacked up by folks in the vegas area who dont know what they are doing. anyway...im thinking about a perrin turbo inlet pipe...for the factory turbo...does anyone know about this product......???
    hey, check out militarytuners.com. There's a lot of af guys out there from vegas that might be able to help out.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    just wann get rid of all the remaing plastic parts in the engine, what kind of gains did your friend get?
    Inlets don't do much power gain-wise. You will get slightly faster spool.

word!

thanks for the advice on vivid and the turbo inlet, dyno comp seems legit' so im just waiting to get an email back from them. so about the faster turbo spool...that would seem i deal just from take off...right?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    thanks for the advice on vivid and the turbo inlet, dyno comp seems legit' so im just waiting to get an email back from them. so about the faster turbo spool...that would seem i deal just from take off...right?
    Not totally sure what you're asking. Every time you press the gas enough to get it out of vacuum you are going to experience turbo lag. Every time you change gears you will also have to rebuild boost that you lost in the fraction of a second that you were off the throttle. The inlet is just one of the things you can do to slightly reduce that.

yep that answered my question....do you work at a shop..in TX?