resonator on SPT exhaust???

This is a discussion on resonator on SPT exhaust??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was all excited to drive 7 hours to pick up some SPT exhaust for my 09 wrx until i ...

resonator on SPT exhaust???

I was all excited to drive 7 hours to pick up some SPT exhaust for my 09 wrx until i found out the guy had a resonator installed on the straight pipe! Is it still worth it for $200? I'm just worried its not going to sound aggressive enough for me and that the resonator will mess up the backflow and hurt the performance. What are your guys opinions. How much would it cost to have the damn thing removed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chads09 View Post
    I was all excited to drive 7 hours to pick up some SPT exhaust for my 09 wrx until i found out the guy had a resonator installed on the straight pipe! Is it still worth it for $200? I'm just worried its not going to sound aggressive enough for me and that the resonator will mess up the backflow and hurt the performance. What are your guys opinions. How much would it cost to have the damn thing removed?
    I vote spt!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

i'm wondering now if it will make it sound better actually

The only way to tell is to try it

I think it will be worth $150 and a 14 hour round trip driving. Save me $650. Probably be about $70 in gas so ill be in it $220 for an spt exhaust which usually runs $800 now days.

watch out

depending on what state you live in you might wanna read up on your noise laws, i live in vegas and i got pulled bc i got an catless invidia exhaust...its loud... so you might wanna go "sleeper" mode or sliencer.

well i live in oregon. I'm thinking i might actually like it with the resonator better. It should give it a deeper sound and less noise in the cabin.