2009 WRX or ??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2009 WRX or ??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Cicatrize The only problem I see with the WRX in your case is that the rear seats ...

cAs
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post

The only problem I see with the WRX in your case is that the rear seats don't exactly have a lot of room for your child.
    I have a newborn as well and the only way to fit the car seat in well enough is to move the passanger seat up until the baby's seat fits... If the front passanger is a bigger person, then they might be a bit uncomfortable, if they are a smaller person then they should be fine... I have an 09 wagon by the way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've had my 09 for about 2 weeks now and love it. I would have gotten the gti with dsg, comes with 3 years free maintanence. but as I have practically no daily drive, single, and got an amazing deal on my trade in and buy price. I went for the omg am I really going that fast around this corner wrx. the awd is amazing, and you can't get that with the gti, but I never had a problem getting through anything with my vr6 and a set of snows. vw and the a4 have the same engine, audi just costs a lot more.
    try to get a good test drive, not just around the block. and don't pay anything over invoice, they need to sell these cars.

I went with the Scooby because it had performance, all the features I wanted and it was the cheapest AWD solution to my desires. I'm 25 now but I hope I'm still driving it when I'm 30.

I asked the dealership to throw in winter tires and they did. single best thing you can do for safety IMO. I'm never going back to all-seasons.

Cheers

I'm 36 and just bought a 2009 WRX. Waiting for it to arrive. Very excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feuros View Post
    I'm 36 and just bought a 2009 WRX. Waiting for it to arrive. Very excited!!
    congrats, I'm always smiling when I'm driving it. Hardest part is holding back, just went over 500 miles on mine. have fun!! and welcome to the club

Thanks everyone! I am def. thinking getting the 09 WRX is the way to go. If you all don't mind my asking, what did you pay for yours? I would like to get a hatch. Would 24k flat before tax be a great deal on a new one?? 24.5?

I paid 23.5 I think the hatch adds 500$ onto the price

Thanks, just a quote from one dealer on a hatch, here is what we said. Any thoughts?

"The sticker is $26,190 with an invoice of $24,777. Our cost is $24,267 with no incentive from Subaru and none projected because inventory is low. I would be happy to sell you any of the above at our cost plus Dealer Handling ($399) plus sales tax."

I'm 30, and I have a 2002 WRX with 124,000 miles, and a 2009 WRX with 40 miles. I love them both.

If you want a car that's fun to drive, is more than capable in multiple driving environments, and has low maintenance costs, go with the WRX.

-Shadow
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Midnight Black Pearl
    2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon 5MT - Dark Gray Metallic

I'm 36 and just bought a 2009 WRX. Waiting for it to arrive. Very excited!!..

Ah yes, I recall 36 like it was yesterday but it was about 10 years ago! Got my Pearl Rex in Feb - 4 dr cause I've got a couple young ones (yep, held out as long as possible). Not as tight as you'd expect in the back - certainly bigger than the Civic Hybrid I dumped at the dealer here in LA.

All I can say is WHAT A FREAKIN BLAST. It's like going to Disneyland whenever I get a clear onramp. Once all sorts of snacks went flying all over the place, lol

I got the premium - nice but the stereo really cries out for an amp and the fm tuner is extraordinarily awful. It's like there was a contest to make the worst possible sound and they won. Even the amp doesn't help the tuner much.

Anyhow, enjoy her and do break it in properly...

Registered User StiMetalhead666's Avatar
    gotta love the wrx at any age no matter how old u are, their so fun and their not very expensive and they have great mods for the wrx

Another great benefit is the instant brother/sisterhood of Rex owners at least here in LA. Nearly every Rex driver gives me a shout out on the road and I reciprocate - it's like we're a secret society. Amazing. Of course, I feel like most of their crazy old uncles because they could be my kids if I didn't wait till the bitter end

As far as mods go, I'll probably wait and work on strengthening the motor and or tranny before adding HP. I want to keep this car for a long time - maybe give it to my 2 year old one day...

I had an 02 A4 and loved it until the warranty expired. You'll pay more in repair bills than a monthly payment. Parts for an Audi are expensive. I'm 39 and dig my 09 wagon. It's not as fast as my Ninja but it has a radio. test drive some cars and then buy a WRX.

So I test drove a few different cars today; a new GTI with DSG (peppy, nice, small), an Acura RDX (I know, weird car to throw into the mix but the awd, paddle shifting and turbo charged motor enticed me to give it a drive; surprisingly fast and stable), and an 09 WRX sedan. The sooby had the most lackluster interior and the sound system was garbage. But holy crap, was that a fun vehicle to drive. I'm sold. That thing pulled so friggin' hard, sounded great and the felt invincible. My mind is made up, 09 WRX here we come.

Good choice on the WRX I had an 02 that never let me down .Then an 08 for about a year then traded it in for an 09 wagon .It handles good .Good braking and is pretty quick.
    Last edited by casafortner; 05-16-2009 at 09:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.