New, with a kinda girly question

This is a discussion on New, with a kinda girly question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Everyone I am new to this forum and feel a bit girly because I have a question which relates ...

New, with a kinda girly question

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum and feel a bit girly because I have a question which relates to the stereo in my car.

I have a 2008 WRX with the navigation package.

I LOVE this car. It is the coolest, ballsiest car I have ever owned and can't see myself ever owning any other car (except of course for an STI )

My question relates to the cd player in my car. When I put a disc in, it does not display the title of the disc or list the names of the tracks on the cd. Displays something along the lines of 'unknown artist' and then track 1, track 2 etc. The disc player works perfectly aside from this issue.

I've tried new discs and old ones and it always does the same thing. I looked in the manual but it also doesn't give me an answer. I have looked online but with no luck also. I'm kind of embarrassed to come to a WRX forum where there is so much talk about performance and more pressing issues but I really don't know who else to ask.

Any advice you can give me would be wonderful!! Thanks much

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You would have to burn a CD with a program that will put a (M3U) Playlist file on the disk, This will tell newer CD players the data that you are looking for. If you are putting in CD's that are not enhanced from the store it won't have this file on the disk i.e. unkown artist will come up on the CD player.

yea the issue is with the program you are using to burn your discs. i use itunes so it does it automatically for me when i burn mp3s

Can you give a little more info, such as what you are using to burn/create these CD's and are these standard CD format or mp3 CD's? Like someone else said - if you are using itunes, when you select burn playlist to disc choose MP3 CD and you should be fine. My wife burns MP3 discs all the time with no problems.

alot of time the program you use (even itunes) you need to go to options or preference and selcr display song title/info but most of the times if youre using itunes it is already on.

if youre not burning a cd then it all depends on the manufactorer as to weather or not they put it in the cd when making it