New Forum Member/Subbie Owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Forum Member/Subbie Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! New to the site, and picking up my '06 wagon tomorrow morning. Completely stoked on having something fun ...

New Forum Member/Subbie Owner

Hey everyone! New to the site, and picking up my '06 wagon tomorrow morning. Completely stoked on having something fun to drive up to the snow for ski trips. Just moved up from an '03 golf.
    I'll probably be doing a few basic mods, once i've saved some money... Kinda blew the wad on this thing. Got it used with 30k miles for 17k down in Santa Monica.

-Cheers!

...I'll hopefully be posting some pictures once it's in the drive way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Talking

Where can I get some of that Arrogant Bastard Ale? Do they sell it out here in CA?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CmrnDrgn View Post
    Where can I get some of that Arrogant Bastard Ale? Do they sell it out here in CA?
    Sorry, I'm in the ATL so idk aboot Cali brew availability.

Good luck with your quest though.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Saabaru

Ok, So time for my used car dealership horror story.
    Yesterday I planned a trip down to LA to pick up a 2006 Wrx Wagon, in classic Subaru Blue, with a completely clean carfax check and with only 30k miles. The price had already been agreed on over the phone, the financing had been agreed on, and all my bank info had been okayed. All that was left for me to do was test drive the car, and make sure it looked good in person.
    I get to the dealer and the first of many things to go wrong... is that the original salesperson I planned to meet with was not around. So okay no big, I sit down to finish the transaction with another salesperson. At this point I have a cashiers check made out to the dealer for the 3/4ths of the price as my down payment. I tell him that I want to test drive the car. In response to this he tells me that I need to give him proof of insurance... This is something I am not familiar with, as in the past all i've needed to test drive a car was a drivers license. The dealer has a few carreras on the lot and a used f430... at this point (for some reason) this kind of reassures me that they are a reputable dealer.
    As this salesperson continues to take forever to run my credit, I go outside to take another look at the car (checking the interior more closely, the engine compartment, and underneath the car). When I come back inside (the guy is still running my credit) my cashiers check was not on the desk... this is unbeknownst to me at this point.
    He goes on to tell me I am not approved... even though I had already gone over this with another salesperson. He then proceeds to offer me a dealer loan. This I am immediately not happy about, because the % was waaaay more. Do they think i'm stupid or something!This is the turning point of me turning around and walking away from the car. So I decide I will have a chance to find another wagon, and I tell him i'm canceling the sale. As I say this he stutters and continues to press the sale on me. I tell him quite flately, as I am not someone to get heated, no I have changed my mind, please refund my deposit and I am out of here.
    It is at this point that I am informed that they have already taken my check to their bank... uhh this is called theft... where is my $12,500 check? They don't even apologize and just inform me that it will be on its way back. At this point I am really worried and am stressed over the fact that I might have to take more action than just asking to get this check, and my deposit back. So I go through 30 stressful minutes waiting to get my check back...bank must have been far away...if it was even a bank. Once the damn guy returns I (thankfully) get my check back.
    Now comes the challenge of geting my $500 refundable deposit back. As I time after time ask for this, the owner of the dealer eventually comes out. As I politely (quite literally) voice my displeasure with how they are operating, he CONTINUES to offer me lower and lower financing, before finally dropping the price 1,000 bucks. I must have said no to his face 3 or 4 times, before he finally agreed to re-credit my card. So all in all, a learning experience I guess... what a waste of a day. And that was the shortened version.

As i'm getting on the 405 to head home with my hungry friend who spent his whole day helping me out, I get a call from a friend who is in sales at our local chevy dealer. She has found me a Saab 9-2x Aero, in a more favorable color, with less miles, for a cheaper price. I've read up plenty on the car and know its history. The only down side I can think of is the resale value being less than the subbie... but it is also less to start with so that doesn't even seem to matter. Has anyone had any negative experiences with the saab vs the subbie? Seems like a good deal to me, i'm waiting to hear from her today in regards to a price.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.