2004/2005 owner...sometime in future

This is a discussion on 2004/2005 owner...sometime in future within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hello people.I`m new to this forum and I already love it, has some material that from start get me curious. ...

2004/2005 owner...sometime in future

hello people.I`m new to this forum and I already love it, has some material that from start get me curious. I`m crazy bout subaru, but definitely bout Imprezas. the favorite is 2004/2005 STi/Prodrive. the looks is just amazing.

but I have some questions bout those models. so here they are.

1. did 2004 STi in USA came only with 2.5 boxer engine or there was even a 2.0 (i supose grey import) ? and was the DCCD on USA models compared to EU models, stock equipment (JAP certainly had it serial) or it depends which version of STi is (2.0/2.5) ?

2. serial 2004 STi for EU, has DCCD controls in left front side in relation to handbrake (the switch for engaging manual controls is above handbrake). same thing if I can remember, it was on Prodrive version of 2004,on 2005 they were on the right front of the handbrake ?

3. controls on the left of the steering wheel are somewhat different from version to version as I saw. if I`m correct stock 2004 and 2005 have headlight height position and I/C water spray controls. others in additon have front fog light switch and manual I/C water spray controls.what depends on that?

4. can 2005 models be bought with 2004 lookalike steering wheel, and can 2004 be bought with automatic climate controls like in 2005 ?

5. are the boost gauge in front of the instruments, tripod gauges (instead of digital clock) and radio controls on the wheel standard for USA models or those things you needed to say you want at Subaru dealer?

6. water tank in the boot. doesn`t matter 4 or 12 L. is it stock on all models, or just those who have I/C manual controls. or that is just for the Prodrive versions ? compared to that, water "injector" above the I/C I assume located on the hood, stock on all models or as mentioned above for some versions ?

If you can answer to these questions, because I`m confused by seeing different things on pretty much same cars/versions. i assume that for the water tank (which comes with I/C "injector" and manual I/C controls - this confuses me even more because there is I/C controls (now even don`t know what stock controls are, manual I/C or auto I/C) on ordinary STi` which, on pics where is boot shown, don`t have water tank), tripod gauges, and DCCD on EU (maybe even USA) models you have to order them individually because they arent stock ? for mudflaps i know you must order them individually, there`s no doubt bout it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Miki_zg View Post
    hello people.I`m new to this forum and I already love it, has some material that from start get me curious. I`m crazy bout subaru, but definitely bout Imprezas. the favorite is 2004/2005 STi/Prodrive. the looks is just amazing.

but I have some questions bout those models. so here they are.

1. did 2004 STi in USA came only with 2.5 boxer engine or there was even a 2.0 (i supose grey import) ? and was the DCCD on USA models compared to EU models, stock equipment (JAP certainly had it serial) or it depends which version of STi is (2.0/2.5) ?

ONLY 2.5L on USDM STi models!

2. serial 2004 STi for EU, has DCCD controls in left front side in relation to handbrake (the switch for engaging manual controls is above handbrake). same thing if I can remember, it was on Prodrive version of 2004,on 2005 they were on the right front of the handbrake ?

I can't imagine them being any different.. There are 2 blanks there. Possibly they get switched between L and R hand drive cars.

3. controls on the left of the steering wheel are somewhat different from version to version as I saw. if I`m correct stock 2004 and 2005 have headlight height position and I/C water spray controls. others in additon have front fog light switch and manual I/C water spray controls.what depends on that?

In 05 they changed the interior - See the pictures below

4. can 2005 models be bought with 2004 lookalike steering wheel, and can 2004 be bought with automatic climate controls like in 2005 ?

No, but you can change them yourself.

5. are the boost gauge in front of the instruments, tripod gauges (instead of digital clock) and radio controls on the wheel standard for USA models or those things you needed to say you want at Subaru dealer?

They aren't standard. There is a dealer solution, and an aftermarket solution... the aftermarket ones look much better.

6. water tank in the boot. doesn`t matter 4 or 12 L. is it stock on all models, or just those who have I/C manual controls. or that is just for the Prodrive versions ? compared to that, water "injector" above the I/C I assume located on the hood, stock on all models or as mentioned above for some versions ?

All USDM STis have a 4L Intercooler sprayer that uses a pump and tank in the boot, and have lines up under the bonnet. The nozzle fits in the splitter that resides directly above the intercooler. The 12L is from the Spec C, s202/203/204 and Prodrive ones.

If you can answer to these questions, because I`m confused by seeing different things on pretty much same cars/versions. i assume that for the water tank (which comes with I/C "injector" and manual I/C controls - this confuses me even more because there is I/C controls (now even don`t know what stock controls are, manual I/C or auto I/C) on ordinary STi` which, on pics where is boot shown, don`t have water tank), tripod gauges, and DCCD on EU (maybe even USA) models you have to order them individually because they arent stock ? for mudflaps i know you must order them individually, there`s no doubt bout it.

The watertank is hidden under carpet on the right hand side, that may be why you haven't seen it in some. The 12L is not hidden, and is bolted on the back of the seats from the inside of the boot.

2004 STi Interior

2005 STi Interior

Hope I helped some!!

-Kevin
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    Just Say No To Spam !
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-28-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Spam