What is the best oil to use?

This is a discussion on What is the best oil to use? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I live in Houston so it don't get to cold out here. What works best for you'll? I was thinking ...

What is the best oil to use?

I live in Houston so it don't get to cold out here. What works best for you'll? I was thinking Mobil 1 but I'm not sure.

07 STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Read everything in this link and in the threads linked from this link, then read the owner's manual as well. Pay close attention to the "new" specifications in the link and the shorter change interval dictated.

Oil TSB for 2006+ Subarus
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah not a simple question to answer, but without generalizing I can say that there is a large population over on NASIOC that swears against Mobil 1, claiming engine death for using it...

Contrary to what is recommended for our cars, I use Motul fluids exclusively in mine and have had great success.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Read everything in this link and in the threads linked from this link, then read the owner's manual as well. Pay close attention to the "new" specifications in the link and the shorter change interval dictated.

Oil TSB for 2006+ Subarus
    Good deal, thanks that is what I was looking for!

I Support ClubWRX
    There's a large population that swears by Mobil 1 too though... so I wouldn't say either way.

I use either Lucas' or Mobil 1.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I used Mobil 1 for my Evo and now for my WRX. No issues.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

ive been using eneos synthetic oil and my friend has a 02 wrx that he has had for 5 years uses the same never any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by gpsoccr04 View Post
    I live in Houston so it don't get to cold out here. What works best for you'll? I was thinking Mobil 1 but I'm not sure.

07 STI
    we have a meet coming up tomorrow....btw mobil 1 ftw